So proud of DD for gutting it out

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 12, 2014
My DD has been having issues with severe headaches for about 6 months, to the point she was hospitalized in April. She's been doing better since then but still has her bad days, and today was one of them. We have four players out of town this week, so she had to play tonight. Despite battling a headache and nausea, she pitched a decent inning and had her best hit of the season. I am so proud of her for gutting it out. We ended up losing 9-6 to a good team.

Here's the hit (I know it's not much compared to most DDs here, but keep in mind this is rec ball). She could have easily made it to second but the firstbase coach told her to go back for some reason. Edit: apparently the Ad is chopping off part of the video, so here is the link to it - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lht5zK4Px7I

Last edited:
Aug 12, 2014
And I want to give props to one of the opposing players. We had the thirdbase dugout and the ump was doing the dumb thing where he made the opposing batters use the on-deck circle on our side. One of their hitters asked our HC why they put in a courtesy runner for DD, and he said she wasn't feeling well. She responded with genuine concern, "That's too bad. She had such a great hit."

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
You should be proud. My wife and I went to my family reunion in Kentucky over the weekend. We were talking about a lot of stuff that comes up on sites like this. One topic of discussion was a game I missed when my dd was 12U and her team had 8 errors. My wife lost it and that is the only time she has every yelled at anyone at a game. She's seen hundreds and so, one time isn't bad. Anyway, we agreed that we were so proud of BB when she survived that day. Your dd played in pain and battled. Anyone who has had severe headaches knows how tough that is. She is a trooper!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharonastokes