Sharing Private Information

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 27, 2013
And their political agendas.

Nah - I’m more referring to online personas who pretend to be someone they’re not IRL.

ETA: Political agendas typically don’t bother me except when posted in places they don’t really belong. If I wanted to partake in a political conversation with people I’d choose a different forum and not DFP. I have been scolded in the past a few years ago when a post of mine has teetered on the edge of leading down the political road so I do my best to avoid that avenue now.

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2018
I’m in charge of our team’s website and all of our printed recruiting materials. We only list parents phone numbers, but you have got me thinking that the DOB isn’t necessary. Or maybe just birth year, so coaches can see that a kid is playing 18U when they’re 16-eligible. Do they even care (a showcase team is typically 16-18 anyway)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jul 14, 2018
Just put grad year...that is what is important from a recruiting perspective anyway.

Is there a point in the recruiting process where the player turns 18 and the parents are no longer needed to be a part of the conversation? DD, for instance, will be 18 during the spring of her senior year.

Jun 8, 2016
Is there a point in the recruiting process where the player turns 18 and the parents are no longer needed to be a part of the conversation? DD, for instance, will be 18 during the spring of her senior year.

Financial stuff the parents need to be involved in some way I would think...I am still learning too my kid is 2028 grad year ;)

You may know about this, but this is a good source of info imo:

Jun 8, 2016
DD’s team (2nd year 14’s) just put together their first recruiting flyer. No phone numbers for the players (just coaches) or DOB but they did have weight…😳

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahjackson13