Second skin?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 6, 2018
My DD loves GG, but gave it up after having it taken away in the 2nd inning because of an overreaching umpire. She's going back to it this season. Anyone have any luck convincing an ump it's legal?

We're working on a backup plan for next time it gets taken away. I'm thinking of making a wristband out of it!

Aug 21, 2008
My DD loves GG, but gave it up after having it taken away in the 2nd inning because of an overreaching umpire. She's going back to it this season. Anyone have any luck convincing an ump it's legal?

We're working on a backup plan for next time it gets taken away. I'm thinking of making a wristband out of it!
I think there already is a wristband.... or there used to be.

Print out the page in the rulebook that shows it's legal.

Most organizations use the USA/ASA rulebook but will print the differences they have from ASA/USA. The ISC for example (ISC is a fastpitch organization exclusive to men's fastpitch) has their own rule book but, basically it says: We follow USA/ASA rulebook with the following exceptions.... then it lists their exceptions. ISC's rulebook explicitly says GG is legal (because GG is an official sponsor of theirs too). But on other things, the ISC's rulebook just lists things they do different from the "official" rules which is what ASA/USA does. I would suspect USSSA, PGF, Alliance, etc. all do something somewhat similar.

Nov 20, 2020
SW Missouri
Thanks,

I see two GGold, one all sport. It says $12.99 on the site, not $9 like the link is showing.

Amazon product ASIN B00T8OHXPY
And one for 5.99 for golf. The price HillHouse posted

Amazon product ASIN B007RKDGVQ
Anyone used the golf one for pitching? Is it just the same towel sold at different prices?

The price is different because it’s two different resellers (one is Amazon, the other is a 3rd party seller). Look at the “sold by”.

I believe it’s all the same towel. Just different packaging to “market” to that sport.

Jan 6, 2018
Thanks,

I see two GGold, one all sport. It says $12.99 on the site, not $9 like the link is showing.

Amazon product ASIN B00T8OHXPY
And one for 5.99 for golf. The price HillHouse posted

Amazon product ASIN B007RKDGVQ
Anyone used the golf one for pitching? Is it just the same towel sold at different prices?
I buy the 3 pack (individually wrapped) from gorilla gold.com…if kept clean and in the bag they may last forever, but these are teenage girls. I give her one, and keep the other two in a secure location for the inevitable!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcworthSoftballMom