seating diagram for newbie parents

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 20, 2015
the only thing that saves me on this, is i rarely hear anything from the stands when coaching.

The funniest comments are the drastically wrong calls people shout out... the "3b play way up" with our monster power hitter up, no one on, first inning... the "move in outfield" with insane power lefty up, etc. i have saved several players from serious injury by flat out telling them " i am not having player X bunt". here's a hint, when player X comes up to the plate and i'm coaching 3b.... if I start backing away from the base and towards the fence, she's likely hitting rockets and not bunting. LOL

Overrall, the funniest conversation that i ever heard was a delusion mom talking to everyone that could hear her, about how her DD was such a great pitcher and was talking to a large SEC school head coach about going there. Considering, she was topping out at about 52 MPH in 18u and we were hitting liners all over the field off of her.....have to think said mom was under the influence. Oh and this was at a very small, local tourney....not nearly close to anything a D1 coach would attend.

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
the only thing that saves me on this, is i rarely hear anything from the stands when coaching.

Coach hearing things wasn't our Issue, it was DD heard me when I yelled out to her so I learned to keep my mouth shut.

Usally anyone else not on the field, except maybe DW, needs to hit her with a bat to her her attention.

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Overrall, the funniest conversation that i ever heard was a delusion mom talking to everyone that could hear her, about how her DD was such a great pitcher and was talking to a large SEC school head coach about going there. Considering, she was topping out at about 52 MPH in 18u and we were hitting liners all over the field off of her.....have to think said mom was under the influence. Oh and this was at a very small, local tourney....not nearly close to anything a D1 coach would attend.
One hoops mommy told me her DD was recruited by UConn...she was 5'6" and couldn't get the ball to the rim from 3 point range.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PHguy