Season is Almost Upon Us

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 29, 2009
DD has never been to anything but a Rec. softball game, need to make an effort this year to go a couple College games.

You have DII Lewis University just down the road from you in Romeoville. Here is their schedule for the 2012 season. They usually have a good team every year.

Lewis University Flyers - 2012 Softball Schedule

If you're feeling like trying the city you have DePaul, UIC and Loyola for DI action. You also have Northwestern in Evanston if you're looking for BIG 10 games.

All of them play on the weekends during the spring. Take your daughter to see a couple of the games and you'll see just how fast the game can really be.

Ken Krause

Administrator
Admin
May 7, 2008
Mundelein, IL
I can't speak to all the facilities, but you'll probably find it interesting to go to Northwestern's field. If your impression of college softball is watching the WCWS, or games at Arizona, ASU, UCLA, etc. be prepared for a shock. Sharon Drysdale field is basically just a little better than a good high school softball field. It's not quite the palace you see on TV.

Jul 25, 2011
Southern Illinois
We always go to as many SIU games as we can. We go to most home games when we aren't playing. DDis really excited this year, since her new pc is one of their asst. coaches. They have a very nice facility.
We're big UGA fans in our house so we are gonna try to make it to atleast one of their games. Her pc is also the dd of UGA's associate hc, so we are gonna try to do a lil name droppn. I can't wait to see their facility.

Apr 13, 2010
I can't speak to all the facilities, but you'll probably find it interesting to go to Northwestern's field. If your impression of college softball is watching the WCWS, or games at Arizona, ASU, UCLA, etc. be prepared for a shock. Sharon Drysdale field is basically just a little better than a good high school softball field. It's not quite the palace you see on TV.

Minnesota has a beautiful park to play in. The location isn't the greatest (it's by some railroad tracks, kind of tucked into some land they could scrounge up), but the park itself and the seating are great.

Dec 29, 2011
Mayville, WI
Wisconsin has an awesome stadium for the Badgers to play in. We take ourteam to a game every year. They get to go on the field with the Badgers. Its really a neat experience.

Apr 30, 2010
Artic Circle
Banditscoach,

That is a little far away for us in Superior... and our teams have not been selected because they are still playing high school ball. We do try and take them to a Duluth Huskies game during the season.

What level do you coach?

Coach-n-Dad

Crazy Daddy
Oct 31, 2008
We took DD last weekend to a DII tournament a couple of hours away from home. Watched some very good softball and had a lot of fun.

Last year we took her to every level of softball from JC to DI just so she could see the difference in the level of play. At 15 last year, it helped her to know what level she wants to try to get a scholorship at.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
I think DD might be able to play HS ball, we’ll see. Her interests might change, she is not allowed to have a boyfriend until she is in her 40s then maybe. I like watching how good the players are. They do so many little things right that DD is starting to appreciate.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Char4eyes