Rule about jersey numbers?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 13, 2010
It's very common for girls to pick numbers. For my new club I got '1' as I'm a pitcher. It's going to be intresting next year when we have more teams, as mine is number 1 and 2-13 are for our littlest team. We might have to talk to the manufacturor and see what we can do.

We did have the problem with my senior club where we had two set of shirts (same design, different sponsors) It wasn't until one of the girls played up that we realised the problem, we were both number 37! Thankfully the umpires were happy with gaffer tape so she became 87 for that game.

Nov 5, 2009
St. Louis MO
I can't believe how attached the girls get to those numbers! My DD had been #7 for the 1st 6 years she played. She switched teams and had to pick another number as an existing player already had 7. At that time, it wasn't a big deal. After mulling it over she picked 37. She's always considered my dad her lucky charm as she always plays well when he attends. After she had worn the number for a number of months, I mentioned that 1937 was the year my dad was born. Now it's her lucky number. Not a problem until she was ordering a new glove that was to be personalized. I pointed out to her that when she plays in high school and college, 37 might not be available as you take what you get and she might only want her nickname on the glove, not her number. You would have thought the world came to an end. Fortunately, the gentleman helping her with the order suggested putting it inside the glove so she would always have her lucky number, but not outside where it might be confusing. That satisfied her for now. Girls and their drama.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaci’s biggest fan