Roll a ball out.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 28, 2017
Had a old time football coach tell me if you roll a ball out on the gym floor and they want start playing a game, the kid will never be any good. He was talking about offensive linemen but I'm starting to believe it is true with all sports. They don't have to be any good but just play.

Jan 28, 2017
LOL. If the PE teacher tells you to play kickball, soccer, basketball or whatever and you sit in the stands, more than likely you're not going to be great at your favorite sport.

Apr 20, 2017
Heard a softball coach make the statement once. At one of the first team gatherings just put a ball out besides a softball and watch what happens. You will see who the leaders are by them trying to organize and set up some kind of game.

Nov 11, 2019
I see this weekly. We train at a small indoor facility in the winter. There is a basketball goal set up in the corner and our best athletes always start shooting before and after practice. The lazy ones sit on the ground and wait for instruction and have their bags packed and gone as soon as practice is over.