RIP to the hit king

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 4, 2024
Earth
If we are doing this based on moral character I guess we need to remove Lawrence Taylor from the Football HOF.

Probably should remove Elvis from the HOF, as well - and probably Jim Morrison.

I mean, come on! If we kept bad people out of the HOF’s there would probably be barely be people to induct!

Unfortunately, many don’t handle fame and fortune well at all.
Hahaaa did not expect to see Elvis brought into the discussion LOL that was funny @Vertigo 😂🥳

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
He bet on baseball. That's the end. We can discuss whatever MLB did to hide that Ohtani might have too, but Pete Rose did.
So, why not launch an investigation into him, too? Oh wait, they wouldn't want to tarnish their golden child, would they?

As far as has been revealed, Rose bet on baseball games as a manager. Does that mean he didn't bet on games as a player? No, and I am sure he did. But, the Dowd Report focused on his managerial days, not his playing days.

Rose had a terrible gambling addiction, and no one on here is arguing the man should be beatified. His accomplishments on the field are second to none and should be remembered.

Were all of you moral nannies aware that OJ Simpson is still in the NFL HOF? Do you know why? Because the NFL has a rule prohibiting removal for any reason. Leave out the beheading of his wife and Ron Goldman; he was probably worse than Rose was, yet Canton still has his bust on display.

May 27, 2013
So, why not launch an investigation into him, too? Oh wait, they wouldn't want to tarnish their golden child, would they?

As far as has been revealed, Rose bet on baseball games as a manager. Does that mean he didn't bet on games as a player? No, and I am sure he did. But, the Dowd Report focused on his managerial days, not his playing days.

Rose had a terrible gambling addiction, and no one on here is arguing the man should be beatified. His accomplishments on the field are second to none and should be remembered.

Were all of you moral nannies aware that OJ Simpson is still in the NFL HOF? Do you know why? Because the NFL has a rule prohibiting removal for any reason. Leave out the beheading of his wife and Ron Goldman; he was probably worse than Rose was, yet Canton still has his bust on display.
Again - I just say look at LT’s rap sheet and there’s no issue with him being in the football HOF?? Personally, I think he was way more of a criminal than Rose, but I guess it all depends on who you ask.

Apr 1, 2017

I'm just arguing why he isn't in the HOF. Can't bet on baseball. This isn't a "what-about-ism" thing. I did see someone make the argument that Rose had a "lifetime ban". His lifetime is over, so maybe he gets in now. Of course, dying didn't help Shoeless Joe.

Personally, I don't care if he is or isn't in. I truly don't care about any of the HOF's.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sav19821920