RIP to the hit king

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 18, 2023
But not for all of the other pieces of shirt in the Hall of Fame? Just Pete Rose?

Got it.

so your argument is there are other bad people so we can't keep any bad people out?

You can happily continue to keep Barry Bonds out for his domestic violence stuff too.

Maybe the answer to that is "We should've been better people and not inducted him." to the other various other terrible people in the hall, honored, in general.

But regardless, what part of permanently banned do you not understand? This isn't about what character clause lines you want to draw. baseball already drew one and there's no reason to think "well now that the scumbag is dead maybe we should find a way to honor him". No. Don't spend any extra time on guys like that.

He. Literally. Broke. The. Rules. it's not some arbitrary moral line. And he's only been revealed to be WORSE since then.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
I am not even remotely religious. In fact, I don't believe in any deities. But the quote about casting the first stone feels applicable here. You better not love in a glass house if you're going to be casting any stones...

May 20, 2015
i had a long response typed up.......tyreek hill, integrity of the game, yadda, yadda, yadda

then i thought "what the F do i really care"?

and i deleted it

Jun 4, 2024
Earth
i had a long response typed up.......tyreek hill, integrity of the game, yadda, yadda, yadda

then i thought "what the F do i really care"?

and i deleted it
Haa haaa yep there are so many other crud situations. Plus those that are allowed to be cruddy and continue. But I guess that is the same as any other kind of job / employment. Somewhere on the totem pole someone takes a hit.
But the totem pole stays standing!

Is it irony or idiocy that there is so much sports gaming going on nowadays....🙄....
Maybe it's my creative humor but I can definitely imagine there are pro athletes who wager an ounce of weed pending the outcome of a game. LOL... amongst other wagers.

Apr 1, 2017
He bet on baseball. That's the end. We can discuss whatever MLB did to hide that Ohtani might have too, but Pete Rose did.

Jun 4, 2024
Earth
is there a magical flying pegasus who leads a unicorn patrol that follows all the athletes actions 24 hours a day?
perhaps they signal they've caught a problem by banging their hooves on a trash can...you know, from center field...

🙊🙉🙈🥳 oy vey 😂

Jun 18, 2023
is there a magical flying pegasus who leads a unicorn patrol that follows all the athletes actions 24 hours a day?
perhaps they signal they've caught a problem by banging their hooves on a trash can...you know, from center field...

🙊🙉🙈🥳 oy vey 😂

I mean, yeah mostly. it's called your cellphone.

May 27, 2013
If we are doing this based on moral character I guess we need to remove Lawrence Taylor from the Football HOF.

Probably should remove Elvis from the HOF, as well - and probably Jim Morrison.

I mean, come on! If we kept bad people out of the HOF’s there would probably be barely be people to induct!

Unfortunately, many don’t handle fame and fortune well at all.

May 21, 2018
I am not even remotely religious. In fact, I don't believe in any deities. But the quote about casting the first stone feels applicable here. You better not love in a glass house if you're going to be casting any stones...
I feel fine casting the first stone in regard to being with a 14 year old.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sav19821920