RIP to the hit king

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
I hate baseball for never letting him in the Hall of Fame.

Yes, I understand all the drama behind all of it and no I don't care. On the field that man was a Hall of Famer, off the field he was not.

Hope all of those assholes are happy now.
Knowing them, they'll put him in now...

and I just heard Dikembe Mutumbo died.

Jun 18, 2023
I hate baseball for never letting him in the Hall of Fame.

Yes, I understand all the drama behind all of it and no I don't care. On the field that man was a Hall of Famer, off the field he was not.

Hope all of those assholes are happy now.

yes I am. because he's a scumbag and a cheater. He doesn't deserve a plaque.

Jun 18, 2023
Nice way to derail a thread paying tribute to a man with more hustle and drive than most other people will ever have. You sound petty and jealous. Was he perfect? No one is. I'm sure most of your heroes have their skeletons, but you still don't celebrate their death.

If my heroes raped children they wouldn't be my heroes anymore.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
For the record; the MLB HOF is not for moral character. It is designed to celebrate performance on the field. Rose is the all-time hit king. What kept him out was his gambling as a manager, which we all understand is a big no-no. Keeping him out seemed petty.

Was he a saint? No, but the same could be said about most public figures. So, before we all jump on our moral high horses, I suggest we look inwards before we criticize others. Pete Rose was a phenomenal ball player, even if he was of suspect moral character off the field. Celebrating his death doesn't make you better than him, though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maddadlopez