Rib line posture

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 28, 2017
What are your thoughts on Rib line posture and how it works with your hip angle and your back shoulder?

Jan 28, 2017
What do you mean by rib line? Are you talking about the tilt?

Coach Headley, talks about rib line posture. If you lose your rib line posture you can't get to balls with velo up. I interpret-as don't let your rib cage bend backwards or forward, this will change your bat path to up or down. If you try to get on top of a high pitch with your bat and your ribs go forward, you will hit it in the dirt. If you lean back with the ribs, you are swing up. Must keep the ribs the same and you can get through the high pitch. He also talks about your hip angle and how your hips makes you adjust your rib line angle. If the hips are pointed up you have to work your ribs back more (collapse) and the swing is loopy. Hips down and ribs must go forward and swing is down.

My interpretation- good level hip angle and rib line posture stays in place, now your back shoulder allows you to get on path. I maybe wrong. Can't find anything about it but it feels good swinging in the living room.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Ok gotcha.

Many do have the rib line tilted forward at the start, Cabrera or Trea Turner.

giphy.gif

Not sure if shoulders tilt and rib line is the same.

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2017
Ok gotcha.

Many do have the rib line tilted forward at the start, Cabrera or Tre Turner.

giphy.gif

Not sure if shoulders tilt and rib line is the same.

The way I'm understanding it. Not sure I'm correct. He would like the rib line to stay the same throughout the swing, this allows the shoulder to work down and forward to the ball. Obviously it will change some but don't let it start the swing. If the rib line moves back (collapse), if forward (swing down). Would really love to hear more about this.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahjackson13