Recent Experience with Batterz Box in Libertyville IL

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Just wanted to pass along a story and recommend a honorable Softball/baseball vendor.

Heres the story:

2 nights ago while on facebook I saw a post about The Batterz Box Retail baseball/softball equipment reseller was launching a webstore. So I followed the link to the website and browsed the the FP Bat section. To my amazement the first item displayed was a CF5 -10. Price shown was 33 dollars while just about every other bat showed at between 199-and 299. Well that was just 2 good of a deal to pass on and DD needs a new bat so I placed an order. When to tell DD good night and give her the good news and she asked what size I ordered. I answered with a 31" to wich she replied "Dad I swing a 32" now" So I hurried to place and order for an additional 32". Knowing that that was a ridiculous price I check the website the next morning and the price was @ 299. I then checked my bank account and saw that they charged the account for the 33 bucks plus tax and shipping. Still I had doubts that this order was going to go through. So about 5 pm last night I received a call from the owner @ the Batterz Box. He started by telling me I was the first customer to order something from the website and noticed I got a great deal on 2 bats. I replied that yeah 10% was not a bad price. I told him that I knew it was a mistake but I had to take a chance. He asked what my expectations were and I never really answered that I told him I really only needed the 32" and he said even though his e-commerce partner messed up he would honor the 33 dollar price WOW some one honoring some one else's mistake.

So if you are in Northern Illinois or Southern Wisconsin visit the batterz box or their website.

I will be buying DD's cleats and new helmet from them.

PTC

May 7, 2008
Tucson
I have a very good friend, that would not have purchased it at a price that she new was wrong. I am not saying that I am like her, but I admire her.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
Just wanted to pass along a story and recommend a honorable Softball/baseball vendor.

Heres the story:

2 nights ago while on facebook I saw a post about The Batterz Box Retail baseball/softball equipment reseller was launching a webstore. So I followed the link to the website and browsed the the FP Bat section. To my amazement the first item displayed was a CF5 -10. Price shown was 33 dollars while just about every other bat showed at between 199-and 299. Well that was just 2 good of a deal to pass on and DD needs a new bat so I placed an order. When to tell DD good night and give her the good news and she asked what size I ordered. I answered with a 31" to wich she replied "Dad I swing a 32" now" So I hurried to place and order for an additional 32". Knowing that that was a ridiculous price I check the website the next morning and the price was @ 299. I then checked my bank account and saw that they charged the account for the 33 bucks plus tax and shipping. Still I had doubts that this order was going to go through. So about 5 pm last night I received a call from the owner @ the Batterz Box. He started by telling me I was the first customer to order something from the website and noticed I got a great deal on 2 bats. I replied that yeah 10% was not a bad price. I told him that I knew it was a mistake but I had to take a chance. He asked what my expectations were and I never really answered that I told him I really only needed the 32" and he said even though his e-commerce partner messed up he would honor the 33 dollar price WOW some one honoring some one else's mistake.

So if you are in Northern Illinois or Southern Wisconsin visit the batterz box or their website.

I will be buying DD's cleats and new helmet from them.

PTC

That is the way to take care of a customer! And taking care of the customer is one of the few ways to battle the Big W! Thanks for sharing! I am bookmarking their site.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06