Rec. Ball Fun

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 24, 2013
It might have happened once before this year but it happened yesterday.

Easy ground ball to 2nd, threw it over the 1st base head. Next thing you know the ball is in LF, somehow it ended up in RF after that, I think every player on our Team touched the ball while the other Team cleared the bases. :)

Nothing you can do, just sit back and watch.

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2013
That's rec ball for you. I would place some of the blame on the coaches. They should be teaching the players how to play defense correctly. At the rec level in particular, get the easy outs and don't compound the problem by throwing it around the bases. If you make a throwing error to 1st base than get the ball back to the pitcher as quickly as possible. Lots of patience needed. My coaching philosophy is to talk to the defense as much as possible throughout the game until you feel comfortable that they know what to do with the ball when its hit to them or what their back-up assignments are on each and every play.

Jun 24, 2013
We have a lot of players that want to make plays and backup each other, that is why everyone touched the ball. It was the only time this year I wanted to go on the field and take the ball away from them so they would stop throwing it around. It was a mess, it happens occasionally.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
After 7 weeks of 8U All-Stars where all the girls could throw and catch pretty well, and (usually) make good decisions, 10U rec league Fall Ball is coming soon for my DD. I forsee many facepalm moments in my near future.

Jun 24, 2013
Serious note is it is important to just stop the play on the field, DD is actually pretty good about that. She will just hold on to the ball and end the play, we have a bunch of players that will do this too.

Jun 21, 2010
Remove Rec and put in our team's name and you've described some of our games. Yes, I'm serious.

I have video of DD when she was playing 8U. Some of the cutest stuff ever.

Mar 28, 2013
Rec Ball,My DDs travel team got a birth to nationals playing A ball 14u and did that last weekend.they just threw the ball away harder and with more accuracy.LOL

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phoebeschultz