Reasons to Enter the Portal?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Why do players enter the Portal?

• Total voters
Dec 2, 2013
Texas
The Softball Portal https://x.com/SoftballPortal has been pretty active and interesting to see the number of players entering from the same team.

So what do you think is happening? Each player has their own reason, and/or it just might be the same reason for the same program.

May 27, 2013
I think one reason to enter it is the due to the issues the portal itself creates. It seems like the true recruits out of HS are getting the shaft because of who the coaches can obtain at a later date through the portal. This then causes those players to enter it after 1-2 years of little to no playing team they were offered when they were being recruited.

May 20, 2015
agreed with all of the above

I am sure at the highest level there's always going to be some silliness, but for the most part, I am all for letting athletes make decisions that are best for themselves & their families as students and as athletes......

Jun 4, 2024
Earth
The Softball Portal https://x.com/SoftballPortal has been pretty active and interesting to see the number of players entering from the same team.

So what do you think is happening? Each player has their own reason, and/or it just might be the same reason for the same program.
A particular D1 program had nine players enter the portal. And three others that just left the program without going to portal.
Hmmm.....?
The portal isn't just for the players looking to transfer.

The portal is also an assessment tool to locate the cesspools to stay away from.

Cesspool tracking device yeah thats it!!!

Mar 23, 2014
SoCal
+650 players in the portal with about only 7% with new homes confirmed. Oregon State seems to have whole roster in portal thanks to PAC 12 demise.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NightOwl