rdbass - Side View of 11u DD

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 10, 2015
As per your request sir. Again, sorry for the last go round. Three videos put together here.

1. Side View of BP at Spring Tryout (she made the team)
2. Back View of BP at Cages - this video shows that she is DEFINITELY still cutting across the ball. Still not as bad as it used to be, but pretty pronounced, and we discussed it afterward.
3. Tee Swings at Cages - I think that there are some good things happening on her Tee Swing that DO NOT translate to the first two videos.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8iwjG6QC8tGNzV3a1NwTTZhbGc/view?usp=sharing

Thank you in advance for ALL FEEDBACK. Get to see her play this weekend. Will get some game footage hopefully and throw some up here so we can look at her swing vs. Live Arm. Hope everyone has a good weekend.

Aug 1, 2008
ohio
She has a pretty nice swing,
THE 2 thingS I see for more power would be to step out alittle farther, for a little more weight shift through the swing and use the grip that Bustos/Howard teach would help with that bat wobble through impact.
Those 2 things would give her more distance.

SL

Jan 10, 2015
The longer stride is something I hinted to in a previous post. I thought so too. Thanks for the compliment, and we're gonna work on a longer stride next week. Playing this weekend, so don't want to get in her head.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
First a lot to like in your DD swings. Keep up the good work.
My comments are based on the tee swings. Though I see it in the live swing and soft toss also.
I would work on the rear elbow/arm usage. To me seems your DD raises the rear elbow/humerus above her shoulder than slots her arm to turn the barrel. That to me is 'slack' in her swing. I see your DD slot/lower the rear elbow then turns the barrel to the ball. Something to be aware of.All and all a really good swing. Others may 'see' it different than me. So, take it for what it is worth from a dad.

Borrowed gif from RHC:
hamilton.gif

Kind of reminds me of your DD elbow. Hami uses his hands better/different.

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2015
Looking at Hamilton's swing, I definitely see what you're talking about with the hands. That elbow being as high as it is is something she did on her own. She says that it feels like that keepa her from dropping her hands so bad. When she gets tured, that elbow comes down, and hee swing becomes more of a roll than anything. Appreciate the feedback a bunch. Going to touch on some of this stuff with her next week after her weekend tourney.

Oct 14, 2008
If RD or FFS has a gif of the walk thru or kick drill that could help her. Nice swing all in all. She defiantly does not leave much behind.

Jan 10, 2015
The walk-thru drill is something we used to do quite regularly. However, she tended to get in a hurry with it and did not look as smooth and powerful with the guy above. Always good to revisit things. Now that she's older, it may sink in a little better. Thanks folks.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spinner55