Rawlings HOH DCT or A2000 Amanda Chisester?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 15, 2024
Picking a first base glove.

10 year old playing 12U.

Smallish hand, 100lbs and 5’1”.

Which one of the two above or should I look at something less expensive?

Jan 20, 2023
Picking a first base glove.

10 year old playing 12U.

Smallish hand, 100lbs and 5’1”.

Which one of the two above or should I look at something less expensive?

My daughter has the A2000 one and it’s bear to break in. I thought she was going to use it yesterday in a HS game - but she showed up on the field with her other glove. (Cause her other glove is getting worn and I want it to make it to the end of the season for pitching).

Mar 15, 2024
Any recommendations for something with some more “guts” than an entry level good but still easy enough for a 12 U player?

We have a few of the Easton Fundamental series which she likes but they get really floppy after less than a year of travel ball.

We’re definitely moving away from “just buy something she can close in a few weeks”

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Rawlings Liberty Advanced, Wilson A1000, and Marucci are all better quality mitts without breaking the bank. One of those will last a few years.

May 15, 2008
Cape Cod Mass.
I have a 12U pitching student who just bought the Romero A2000 at Dick's for $199, she had to show the store the website price because the store had it priced in the mid 200's. I have it now and I'm breaking it in for her. The only issue she had with it is that there is a small 'holster' that the end of the wrist strap tucks into and it was rubbing on her hand and making it sore. I loosened up and reworked the laces, then pulled the strap out and relocated it outside the holster, she says it feels fine now.