Rawlings Fastpitch Glove Release

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 10, 2023
Is there a time of the year Rawling releases new gloves if they are going too? I'm looking at getting DD a new HOH and honestly don't like the look of the current 2021. I haven't seen a preview of 2023 or if there would be one. Custom is out, unless there is a classic button, as there are many choices.

What happened to just gold ole brown gloves? Can't find her Rawling 11.75 in baseball or fastpitch. I know - I am boring but honestly so is she.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
What are you looking for, specifically? Some exclusive gloves available from Baseball Express are HOH with Horween leather. They are the classic tan gloves you might be looking for. A custom is always an option, so your daughter can design her own glove to the specs she wants. I can certainly help you with the price, but just be aware Rawlings is about 6-8 weeks on custom Heart of The Hide gloves right now.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Is there a time of the year Rawling releases new gloves if they are going too? I'm looking at getting DD a new HOH and honestly don't like the look of the current 2021. I haven't seen a preview of 2023 or if there would be one. Custom is out, unless there is a classic button, as there are many choices.

What happened to just gold ole brown gloves? Can't find her Rawling 11.75 in baseball or fastpitch. I know - I am boring but honestly so is she.
First off, welcome aboard! And second....forget about a "fastpitch" glove and buy her a baseball glove!

What age?
What size?
What position?
What's her ability, what level is she playing at?

Sep 17, 2022
First off, welcome aboard! And second....forget about a "fastpitch" glove and buy her a baseball glove!

What age?
What size?
What position?
What's her ability, what level is she playing at?
Out of curiosity, why not a fastpitch glove? I have no perspective, just always figured you needed a fast pitch glove.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Out of curiosity, why not a fastpitch glove? I have no perspective, just always figured you needed a fast pitch glove.
There are several reasons to go with a baseball glove instead of a fastpitch one. The first is they are made a little better. The second is there are a lot more choices available. As long as you break them in with a softball, the pocket will form to the correct size and work great.

Sep 17, 2022
We just did a custom nokona fastpitch glove with no Velcro. It seems nice to me, but maybe I am overlooking something. I don’t see many folks talk about nokona, but I am not sure why.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
We just did a custom nokona fastpitch glove with no Velcro. It seems nice to me, but maybe I am overlooking something. I don’t see many folks talk about nokona, but I am not sure why.
Nokona makes beautiful gloves and mitts. They just don't have the same market penetration as Wilson and Rawlings. One of the main issue many people have with them is they tend to be significantly more expensive than the others.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahjackson13