rank the softball hotbeds in the U.S.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
First, my commute is roughly 2 minutes if I get stopped by the stop light. My wife's commute is roughly 5 minutes. I'll try not to complain too much about that.

You all seem to overlook the St. Louis Metro area. We have all types of weather and even in the same day. It is the humidity capital of the U.S. and anyone who has been here is August can attest to that. We have 100 degree summer days and zero degree winter days. We have wind gust like what is headed our way in 20 minutes that top 50 - 60 mph. It is blowing the roofs off of houses.

Per softball, we hold our own. Ok so now go ahead and defer back to the traditional states of ... However, they don't have the Arch and the Cardinals! So There!

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
First, my commute is roughly 2 minutes if I get stopped by the stop light. My wife's commute is roughly 5 minutes. I'll try not to complain too much about that.

You all seem to overlook the St. Louis Metro area. We have all types of weather and even in the same day. It is the humidity capital of the U.S. and anyone who has been here is August can attest to that. We have 100 degree summer days and zero degree winter days. We have wind gust like what is headed our way in 20 minutes that top 50 - 60 mph. It is blowing the roofs off of houses.

Per softball, we hold our own. Ok so now go ahead and defer back to the traditional states of ... However, they don't have the Arch and the Cardinals! So There!

Go Cards!!!!!!! We will be in the World Series again this year, bet your a$$ on that!!

May 31, 2012
Agreed TX, CA, GA, FL, AND AZ are the largest hotbeds. But the number of players in ratio with the population Oklahoma is represented as well as anyone. 10 girls on the 2013 National Champs team. In comparison to 5 in state kids on the 2012 Bama Tide team. Like I said the shear numbers do not compare but the percentage is up there with the best of them. And I'm not sure that they play the WCWS in any other state, or am I wrong on that!
Where were Ricketts and chamberlain from.

Mar 26, 2013
Agreed TX, CA, GA, FL, AND AZ are the largest hotbeds. But the number of players in ratio with the population Oklahoma is represented as well as anyone. 10 girls on the 2013 National Champs team. In comparison to 5 in state kids on the 2012 Bama Tide team. Like I said the shear numbers do not compare but the percentage is up there with the best of them. And I'm not sure that they play the WCWS in any other state, or am I wrong on that!
However, none of the 10 OK girls started a WCWS game. With 8 of the 10 primary players being from CA, the 2013 National Champs were really the Cal Sooners of OK. The other 2 are from NM and Australia.

The remarkable thing about Bama winning the title in 2012 is they did it without any CA players.

Apr 11, 2012
Per softball, we hold our own.

St. Louis has some quality team for sure.....we play the St. Louis Esprit Gold tomorrow in the USSSA Top Gun Interceptor Event here in KC....we also had several battles with the St. Louis Gamers and the St. Louis Chaos last year and have been to your big annual fall college exposure event for the last three years....

Nov 3, 2012
I think a good statistical measure would be how many girls from each state are on D1 rosters. Has anybody ever accumulated that data. CA would most be likely be #1. But they also have the largest population. But I still bet they would be #1 if compared D1players/state population.

Mar 26, 2013
Looking at just the rosters can be very misleading as there are often a bunch of in-state players getting nominal playing time. In fact, it would be interesting to see the breakdown of players vs roster fillers by state.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kstitz44