Radar Guns and Fluoresent Lights

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

obbay

Banned
Aug 21, 2008
Boston, MA
My first thought was the PC wants to eliminate anything that may be a distraction, but he could've just told daddy that.
So maybe PC has heard something about radar guns and interference and figures it's safer to save the gun for outdoor practice.

May 8, 2009
Florida
"My first thought was the PC wants to eliminate anything that may be a distraction, but he could've just told daddy that."

I think that is right on.

Jul 26, 2010
This is a softball forum. There might be a forum out there for crazy daddies with electronic device questions. Being able to teach a girl how to run bases does not make one an electrical engineer.

-W

Nov 8, 2010
I'm guessing this coach just didn't have the heart to tell dear ole dad not to bring a radar gun along to his daugther's practice! I've learned pretty quickly that a lot of pitching coaches don't even consider gunning their younger students at all, at least not until they can consistently pitch with decent mechanics and demonstrate some control.

obbay

Banned
Aug 21, 2008
Boston, MA
I've learned pretty quickly that a lot of pitching coaches don't even consider gunning their younger students at all, at least not until they can consistently pitch with decent mechanics and demonstrate some control.

I hear coaches and dads gossiping like a bunch of old ladies about how fast so-and-so pitches and they're all full of crap. It's all about control. Just ask Cat Osterman.

Coach-n-Dad

Crazy Daddy
Oct 31, 2008
I hear coaches and dads gossiping like a bunch of old ladies about how fast so-and-so pitches and they're all full of crap. It's all about control. Just ask Cat Osterman.

Really? Did you know that Cat's speed is 62 (average)? Few kids actually throw that hard - even in college... I agree that she has awesome movement and that is why she didn't need to throw 68mph.

Nov 8, 2010
If you compare Cat Osterman to her peers and not kids, she actually is on the lower end speed wise. She is the perfect example of mechanics, control over speed. In fact, I think I even saw an interview with her once where she readily admitted she has never been the "fastest" pitcher at any time during her career.

Jun 20, 2008
Wrap the radar gun in tin foil and line the inside of your ball cap with it too then the gun will be ok and they wont be able to read your thoughts!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Preschuck