Questions about Xeno

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
The more we play USSSA the more I dislike ASA. I don't need a team of power tripping umpires playing tug of war with each batting helmet to see if they can get .001 mm of play. Or all coach's give a urine sample every game. U trip is spreading quickly, mostly because they use common sense and respect.

Also dd jacked absolutely jacked one with brand new xeno over 10 ft high fence at 200 ft today. 3rd at bat after unwrapping it.

Last edited:
May 6, 2012
Check out the usssa site. There is wording on their site "must be applied by the manufacturer", but then it goes on to say "no one may add the decal once manufactured."

It doesn't matter for us since we opened it and went to practice with it already - we just couldn't hold off. Very nice pop right out of the wrapper. Anyway, in case anyone else is interested, here was the exact quote from the email I received when asking about getting a stamp on the 2011:

"if your bat does not feature the appropriate stamp, as long as it is in the original packaging you can send it in to have the stamp sublimated on the bat for a $25 fee which covers application of the stamp and shipping costs back to you."

02Crush

Way past gone
Aug 28, 2011
The Crazy Train
We were playing in an ASA tournament last week end and one of the XENOX the ump took out because of a small/tiny rattle. You had to shake it hard and listen hard to hear it. It was a 2011 and like new looking. There were other bats different manufactures which had more of a rattle, but the XENOX was the only bat tossed out.

They took it to the press box and would not release it until we were eliminated from the tournament.

They way the bat is made if your bang it on the ground or plate at the end cap it will damage the internal parts and cause the rattle you hear. It has reflex washers inside that hand down from the endcap. Check it out on the LS website and you will better understand what I am talking about.

Apr 12, 2010
Oregon
They way the bat is made if your bang it on the ground or plate at the end cap it will damage the internal parts and cause the rattle you hear. It has reflex washers inside that hand down from the endcap. Check it out on the LS website and you will better understand what I am talking about.

DD had hers yanked before a HS game. The umpire specifically went to her bat and held it to his ear and shook it....sure appeared he was expecting it. It was a very tiny rattle, can hardly hear it at all, but it's there. Can't imagine it is truly a safety issue, but was enough for him. I expect the ASA umps will be ALL over them when summer ball starts here.

Jul 26, 2010
If the Xeno's rattle it is because the internal "governor" system of rod and washers is broken. When this is broken the bat can compress more then the legal limit. This is why Jessica Mendoza switched to the Xeno from her SP bats she was using (international rules do not have bat speed limits). When you remove the rod and washers, it is a very very hot (illegal) bat.

-W

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
If the Xeno's rattle it is because the internal "governor" system of rod and washers is broken. When this is broken the bat can compress more then the legal limit. This is why Jessica Mendoza switched to the Xeno from her SP bats she was using (international rules do not have bat speed limits). When you remove the rod and washers, it is a very very hot (illegal) bat.

-W

Was offered to have that done to dd's bat by a stranger. Said no thanks, and thought in a game full of xenos and one doesnt make the crashing xeno sound, that would raise some eyebrows.

Oct 19, 2009
beyond the fences
Xeno FP13 series comes out this fall. Some of the College teams working their way into the WCWS are debuting the bats this summer.

I am waiting to get a new one (2013)
According to a rep, the bats are going to be a bit more rugged
(dd broke 2 last summer) and will be a bit less dead at the top of the barrel
while maintaining a great amount of pop. The price is supposed to increase,
but rep said the bats will be worth the wait

Oct 19, 2009
Talked to my daughter’s college coach this week, she advised that at the current time there is only one of the XENOX model bats legal for college. She advised the liability has gotten so great they are keeping a close eye on the bat situation, where last year the approved bat list was updated three times during the season according to the coach.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaci’s biggest fan