Questions about Xeno

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 18, 2010
I'm not sure if this is correct, but I heard that for 2013 bats must have the new USSSA sticker on it. If not it can't be used in certian tournaments or leagues. If anyone has any info on this let us know. I'm thinking about a 2011 for my DD, but if she can't use it next year I'll just have to wait.

New USSSA Fastpitch Softball Bat Marks & Grandfathering Rules
Effective January 1, 2012

Have the new permanent1 USSSA Mark on its taper OR
Have the old permanent1 USSSA mark OR
Be a Wood Bat

ALL of the above must be manufactured by an approved USSSA Bat Licensee
Effective September 1, 20132

Have the new permanent1 USSSA Mark on its taper OR
Be a Wood Bat

ALL of the above must be manufactured by an approved USSSA Bat Licensee

1. USSSA marks and other graphics of the bat must be applied permanently and must be applied by the USSSA licensed manufacturer. No stickers or decals are allowed and no one may add graphics to a bat once manufactured. Use of a bat with graphics not applied by the manufacturer will be use of an altered bat and subject to suspension under the USSSA Altered Bat rules. In addition to being violation of the USSSA Altered Bat rules, any use, creation or application of a USSSA mark without written permission of USSSA is a violation of Federal Trademark law and may result in prosecution by USSSA. If you have any concern about the person selling or providing you a bat, do not accept the bat, because you will be held responsible for any bat you bring into or use in a USSSA facility.

2. For USSSA Fastpitch Softball Only. As a result of manufacturing delays in fastpitch softball bats with the new USSSA mark on the taper, USSSA has extended the grandfather period for using old mark (“USSSA 1.20 BPF”) from January 1, 2013 to September 1, 2013. This extension applies only to USSSA Fastpitch sanctioned play and does not apply to USSSA Slow Pitch sanctioned play.

Updated 2/29/2012

May 24, 2011
Monmouth County NJ
Thanks for the quick response. I was a little gun shy because I bought a bat last spring for my son. I was told this year the bat can no longer be used, because it doesn't have the new USSSA marking on it. Must be a local rule but they would only accept the new mark. Bummer because it does have the old USSSA approval. Wasted $250.00.

Mar 25, 2011
That final blurb states that the bats will be good through Aug 31, 2013. Meaning you get most of next years main tourneys covered. SO, you can still get almost 2 seasons in with the bats... and can definitely pick them up at discounted prices because of that.

May 6, 2012
That final blurb states that the bats will be good through Aug 31, 2013. Meaning you get most of next years main tourneys covered. SO, you can still get almost 2 seasons in with the bats... and can definitely pick them up at discounted prices because of that.

Thanks, I'll probably just keep it since we usually don't make it through two seasons with the same bat anyway. I guess the only thing to worry about is resale value.

I did contact LS and ask them if they would stamp the bat since it is the same as the 2012. They said if it is still new in the wrapper you can send it in and they will stamp it for $25 (includes return shipping).

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
Thanks, I'll probably just keep it since we usually don't make it through two seasons with the same bat anyway. I guess the only thing to worry about is resale value.

I did contact LS and ask them if they would stamp the bat since it is the same as the 2012. They said if it is still new in the wrapper you can send it in and they will stamp it for $25 (includes return shipping).

Check out the usssa site. There is wording on their site "must be applied by the manufacturer", but then it goes on to say "no one may add the decal once manufactured."

Sep 18, 2011
DD is on an excellent club team (13U) that's not exactly sponsored by Louisville Slugger, but they got an excellent deal on L.S. equipment, including bats. Of the 13 players on the team (10 rostered, 3 practice players), 12 use a Xeno. DD's coach is also a Division 2 softball assistant coach (for a team that is currently playing in the super regionals), and, again, except for one player, the entire roster uses a Xeno (evenly split between 2011 and 2012 models). It's a fantastic bat.

Oct 19, 2009
We were playing in an ASA tournament last week end and one of the XENOX the ump took out because of a small/tiny rattle. You had to shake it hard and listen hard to hear it. It was a 2011 and like new looking. There were other bats different manufactures which had more of a rattle, but the XENOX was the only bat tossed out.

They took it to the press box and would not release it until we were eliminated from the tournament.