Provelocity Bat or Half Bat

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 3, 2024
I like both half-bat and the cam wood bat. The main reason I think they can be helpful is the feedback is built into the device. You do not need to instruct them every swing if they are doing it correctly.
I really like the idea of the pro-velocity and decided to buy it. I think it will be a great training aid. I also bought the half bat as that seems like a fantastic training tool too. If I could do it over again. I would buy just the one hander camwood not that i dont like the big one but the pro-velocity is a much better option.

I did get the double tee with the camwood and it is a very nice tee.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
Use camwood bat and a plastic bag for over/ under training. Two swings with CW, then two with plastic. Then two with game bat with the mindset of swinging as fast as you did with the plastic bat.
The other gadget I like but haven't used in awhile is the line drive pro. It's the tennis ball throwing device that attached to your bat. Teaches rhythm and direction. I am going to dig it out today.

Jul 3, 2024
Use camwood bat and a plastic bag for over/ under training. Two swings with CW, then two with plastic. Then two with game bat with the mindset of swinging as fast as you did with the plastic bat.
The other gadget I like but haven't used in awhile is the line drive pro. It's the tennis ball throwing device that attached to your bat. Teaches rhythm and direction. I am going to dig it out today.
Thank you. We will try that drill! Im a fan of over under training.

Ill have to check out line drive pro. Thanks again.

Jul 3, 2024
Just an update to this. The pro velocity bat while I think is great and worth the money is not for a 12 year old girl. Even on one band her swung was too slow to get the barrel moving fast enough to hit off the tee. This is definitely geared for older kids/adults. The half bat on the other has been great too for under training. We have a light flight machine and will be using the whiffle balls with it. I did purchase the swing trainer usa tee someone on here was telling me about and I will update this once we receive it and use it a bit.

Sep 22, 2021
Sioux Falls, SD
Just an update to this. The pro velocity bat while I think is great and worth the money is not for a 12 year old girl. Even on one band her swung was too slow to get the barrel moving fast enough to hit off the tee. This is definitely geared for older kids/adults. The half bat on the other has been great too for under training. We have a light flight machine and will be using the whiffle balls with it. I did purchase the swing trainer usa tee someone on here was telling me about and I will update this once we receive it and use it a bit.
Tennis balls work great with flat bats when working tee, front toss and bounce pitches.

Jul 3, 2024
Thank you. We will try some tennis balls with it. We have been using jugs foam lite flight and whiffle balls.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tiffanym