Pre-game meal questions

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 10, 2014
C-bus Ohio
With all the resources DFP has available in the form of its members, I'm sure someone can address this for me!

My 7th grade team gets a pre-game meal provided by the parents at around 3:30 pm, game time of 5 or 5:30. I am looking for low-cost, non-bonking meals/snacks that will give us some energy without a lump sitting in our bellies. Thoughts?

Josh Greer

DFP Vendor
Jul 31, 2013
Central Missouri
I would be interested in more nutritional detail as well. But for between games, my kids do the small tortillas, peanut butter, and sliced apples. Fold in half and eat like a taco. Seems to serve them well (The 2 competitive players are catchers).

Apr 11, 2012
you can't go wrong with some cold cut meats, tortillas, sliced cheeses and plenty of fruit and veggies.

Last edited:

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
In the past we have used fig newtons (kids love the strawberry ones), nutter butters, bananas and orange slices. The only downside is the coaches may have eaten more of the nutter butters than the players.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
I have a question about your question.

We, the family, were responsible to send DD to school with something to eat before the game. The coach checked to make sure everyone had something, I am not sure they checked what it was.

Are you asking what the parents should send their player to school with or does the school provide the snack?

Jul 10, 2014
C-bus Ohio
I have a question about your question.

We, the family, were responsible to send DD to school with something to eat before the game. The coach checked to make sure everyone had something, I am not sure they checked what it was.

Are you asking what the parents should send their player to school with or does the school provide the snack?

No, each parent is responsible for providing a pre-game meal for the entire team. I am looking for guidelines for them - what is good, what isn't. It probably won't be a "meal," more of a snack to keep them from bonking.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
The only advice I would give then is I would want DD to be provided packaged goods. I am not sure what but I would like it in a package/ sealed.

(A little unique but DD has some dietary issues, she has an app on her phone that allows her to scan the bar code to see if she is allowed to eat something)

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neojapan