Playing Under the Lights

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Does anyone have any advice for playing at night under artifical lights. Its not so much the glare of the lights, but the darkness. I find it very difficult to get a bead on the ball, both hitting and catching.

In the daylight I am an excellent fielder and flyball catcher, but at night it changes drastically.

I tried using colored lenses, eye-black.. Is it just a fact of night time playing?

Liam

How old are you? My night vision went downhill quickly after 40! Getting old ain't easy! LOL

Dec 31, 2013
How old are you? My night vision went downhill quickly after 40! Getting old ain't easy! LOL

Very intuitive. I am indeed over 40 ;)

I refuse to accept getting older. I could very easily play with other "master's" age group, but the average age of my team-mates and opponents is 25-30.

Liam

Dec 3, 2012
Missouri
Way back when I played ball, I always played with a visor on. It did block the glare from the sun and from the lights. I can't imagine playing without one. Try standing out on a ball field under bright sunlight without any type of hat on. Then, put on a ball cap or visor to shield the sun. Which way do you see better? It works exactly the same under the lights. (Always worked for me, anyway)

Mar 13, 2010
Wait softball players don't wear caps in America? WOW! Would struggle without mine. Even at night, playing first or pitching, it's automatically on. I do occasionly wear a headband, but prefer my hat.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
Wait softball players don't wear caps in America? WOW! Would struggle without mine. Even at night, playing first or pitching, it's automatically on. I do occasionly wear a headband, but prefer my hat.

I always knew you were a real ballplayer

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meganmichelle