Pitching wrist coach ideas

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 29, 2020
Hello, I was wanting to get some ideas on how some coaches are calling out pitches to their pitchers & catchers. I see some that just use hand signals, some that call out numbers or colors, etc... Does anyone have an easier or creative way to call out pitches? I want to utilize wrist coaches, So maybe a template of what some of you are using would be a big help as well! Thank you all!

Oct 14, 2020
For pitching, we have 4 columns with colors at the head. We use 7 rows, with FB, Change, and drop listed twice and a pitcher's specialty pitch (knuckle curve, etc.) listed once. In/Out and High/Low are represented by other numbers so a pitch call could be "Blue 7-2-1" which could be "fastball-inside-low."

Another coach my daughter played for had a different system, where the format was "CITY/COUNTRY/STATE -- 3-digit number" and no single digit was over 4. The city/country label was the location (Inside/Catcher's glove // middle/center // Outside/Catcher's throw). The digits were then 1=fastball, 2=drop, 3=dummy, 4=change and the coach made one of the three numbers the actual call each inning. This was easier to use than describe, although it required the coach to basically list all the possible calls so she didn't use "Montreal" too often.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles