Pitching rotation strategy for 10U team

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 23, 2014
I don't necessarily see the amount of pitchers as a problem, if handled correctly and if roles are clear. I would not have set innings per pitcher or a set in stone rotation. Like others mentioned, the softball gods don't like that. I would let the kids know that pitching requires tons of dedication and has to be practiced outside of your every day practices- you will soon see who is dedicated. From there you could maybe have 3 who you use more often and the other 2 can be still get time in league play and in pool play. My dd's team is 2nd year 10u. 2 pitchers who were "pitchers" 2 more who could be "pitchers" if they worked harder at it, and several others who thought pitching seemed like a fun idea but probably never touched a softball outside of practice. She let those girls have a few innings this fall. The first day of indoor practice this spring she very smartly nipped it in the bud. She said E and M are the top pitchers and will see majority of starts, everyone else can keep working to get more innings and to start games as well. E is my dd, she and the other girl were the only ones taking lessons and really working on being pitchers. I am sure that isn't exactly what the coach, but it was the basic idea and helped to clear up any expectation of circle time. She also asked them in front of the others if they had been pitching during the break, taking lessons, etc.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NightOwl