pic from my clinic

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 2, 2012
I see the next Alex Hugo, and the next Ally Carda, and the next Aimee Creger...... Teach them well Amy....the future of our sport looks great and is in good hands....

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2011
Houston, Texas
It never rains there, does it? Or rather, it is minimal? Sigh. Seems like we have been getting good weather during the week, and rain on the weekends. No fun. Lots of rained out practices for sure.

Great picture! Love the background. Would be cool if you could do a time line pic 5 years down the road with the same girls. :)

May 7, 2008
Tucson
^ Good idea.
We have a season called "Monsoon." It will pour a couple of times a day. Then, there is no where for the water to run and it just gushes across streets, that have to be closed. But 99% of the time, those "washes" (dry river beds) are totally dry. People get killed every year, getting caught in a wash, after a down pour, Usually they are hiking or 4 wheeling and not paying attention.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
I know it is difficult to run a league. But, we are losing girls by age 12, here. They aren't getting a fair shake and they have moved directly to travel. BUT, and this is my opinion only, travel ball is becoming rec. I hear terms like 'watered down talent" "my DD is afraid to throw the ball to some teammates," and "part time players."

Some girls are switching to travel, without realizing that it is a full-time, year around commitment.

I asked an 8U coach to take a look at my student, because she has 2 sisters pitching that are 12 and 14. He said "I have already picked my pitchers." Hmmm. Their first game is this weekend and they have to remove a girl after she hits 2 batters. You can go through pitchers, quickly.

Aug 29, 2011
NorCal
Their first game is this weekend and they have to remove a girl after she hits 2 batters. You can go through pitchers, quickly.
Tangent. Our 8U team hit close 20 batters at one tournament last year and 5 different pitchers were pulled for the hit batter rule. It was not our finest weekend and not typical of our pitching staff last summer but you are right it can happen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gcsurfer