PGF Nationals -- really?! 65' bases

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 19, 2020
Went to the first bracket game this morning to watch our friend and Team USA member dominate -- throw 17K no-hitter... only to learn afterwards that the bases were set to slow-pitch distances. Not that the other team put the ball in play much but they had no chance.

I don't think I have seen an instance like this before. Really disappointing to travel thousands of miles to play the game off by several feet.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
TC Nationals last week had them at 70 feet. I paced them off and notified management. Come to find out they had 4 fields set wrong. I had to fix them myself so the game could start on time. Also, the field was not dragged, watered or chalked for the the last 3 games. Hard to find good help?
Did you know your I Phone can be used as a tape measure?

Jun 18, 2023
TC Nationals last week had them at 70 feet. I paced them off and notified management. Come to find out they had 4 fields set wrong. I had to fix them myself so the game could start on time. Also, the field was not dragged, watered or chalked for the the last 3 games. Hard to find good help?

So can my Samsung, but it gets really dirty as I press an imprint 108 times end-to-end to get to first base. :)

That's why you get the XL phones, less flips. Are any of those apps even reasonably accurate? I feel like I get pretty good just knowing my stride length, at least for pacing out 35'.

May 29, 2015

Which TC National? I was in GA ... our biggest issue was the weather (and mismatched umpire uniforms . . . don't get me started).

The grounds crew was pretty good, maybe too good since they wouldn't let us back on the fields, but kept telling TC the fields were playable.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
Which TC National? I was in GA ... our biggest issue was the weather (and mismatched umpire uniforms . . . don't get me started).

The grounds crew was pretty good, maybe too good since they wouldn't let us back on the fields, but kept telling TC the fields were playable.
So Cal. Out in beautiful Lake Elsinore area. Right around 100 degrees with a little humidity on artificial turf. Wonderful.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scoons831