PGF Dbl elimination format

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
ASA qualifiers in GA are straight double elimination - no pool games, no consolation games. If you lose Friday night, you do not play again until Saturday, I have never seen a team go home Friday night. If there are multiple berths in a tournament we just play it out until the berth winners are determined.

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
How many Friday nite games did they get? You get a minimum of 2 games on Saturday for this tourney. Lose those and your weekend is over.

Mar 11, 2009
It basically comes down to how many berths PGF is giving in your qualifier. For 14u here in AZ they had two winners brackets they fed into two losers brackets with four berths. Two from the winners brackets and two from the losers brackets. So the two undefeated teams got berths and never had to play each other. the winners of the two losers brackets also got a berth.

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2010
NJ
So after a couple of days I can write about our PGF experience with the dbl elimination format.

To begin, we were 2 and Bar-B-Que.

It was about 10 degrees warmer than expected and our first tournament where heat sun and humidity would be a factor. After an hour warmup the 1hr 45 minute game started. Tied after 7 and time expired. Played 9 and lost in ITB for a total of 2 hrs 10 minutes. Move to another field and start game two, 15 minutes. Up 4 going in to the 7th after a 15 minute delay to fix first base with the clock stopped and now the full 1:45 is over and I could see the girls were out of gas. Two 2 run errors and it was like watching spilled milk run off the table. Nothing we could do about it.

Even if we'd held on to win, we would of gone right to the next game and am sure we would of lost to a team of 10 yo all stars. We didn't plan properly. The dugouts were uncovered and we didn't drag out the canopies for the first game. Temps were in the 90's by 11 with high humidity and no one thought to bring the frog togs. Parents and coaches were as much to blame if not more. I hope our logistics are better going forward.

Jul 16, 2008
Oregon
In Oregon the ASA Quals have always been a DE, but with a 3gg. If you win or lose Friday you may have another game depending upon the draw. If you lose your first game you go into the losers side, if you lose that game, you move ahead in the bracket, but now you are playing a team that just won their game. It gets confusing looking at the brackets when they do this, but hey you get 3 games in at a minimum.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phoebeschultz