Paisley's Pitching

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 28, 2020
Has anyone tried her online academy? We like what she teaches with the foot doctor.

Or is there another one you would recommend? Daughter currently sees a pitching coach once a week. 2nd year 12U

Apr 30, 2018
Worked with one of her affiliate coaches and had access to toni's site. She is really good, don't know how much new content she has added since then, may be substantial. I would be afraid of a conflict between her teaching and what your current pitching coach teaches. I would be more interested in Esia's stuff as a compliment to what you are doing.

BigSkyHi

All I know is I don't know
Jan 13, 2020
Has anyone tried her online academy? We like what she teaches with the foot doctor.

Or is there another one you would recommend? Daughter currently sees a pitching coach once a week. 2nd year 12U

Looks like she's a battler

Jan 28, 2020
Worked with one of her affiliate coaches and had access to toni's site. She is really good, don't know how much new content she has added since then, may be substantial. I would be afraid of a conflict between her teaching and what your current pitching coach teaches. I would be more interested in Esia's stuff as a compliment to what you are doing.
Thanks her current coach works with the foot doctor as well so hoping it would compliment what she is working on.

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
I'm assuming you can't find anyone in your area, and so are "stuck" with doing something remote.

Go with either Rick Pauly's online academy (https://paulygirlfastpitch.com) or talk to Bill Hillhouse @Hillhouse about setting something up.

Why Rick? My DD had a kid who couldn't take lessons, and Rick did some some video analysis for her. He really knows what he is talking about. Rick's knowledge of the pitching motion has been thoroughly vetted here. I guarantee you that everything he tells you is 100% accurate.

Why Bill? Bill's a great teacher. Half the battle of learning to pitch is to keep the kid interested. Bill goes to various locations in the US and does lessons. There might be a drive involved occasionally, but you get one-on-one instruction. My DD would have loved working with him.

Jan 28, 2020
I'm assuming you can't find anyone in your area, and so are "stuck" with doing something remote.

Go with either Rick Pauly's online academy (https://paulygirlfastpitch.com) or talk to Bill Hillhouse @Hillhouse about setting something up.

Why Rick? My DD had a kid who couldn't take lessons, and Rick did some some video analysis for her. He really knows what he is talking about. Rick's knowledge of the pitching motion has been thoroughly vetted here. I guarantee you that everything he tells you is 100% accurate.

Why Bill? Bill's a great teacher. Half the battle of learning to pitch is to keep the kid interested. Bill goes to various locations in the US and does lessons. There might be a drive involved occasionally, but you get one-on-one instruction. My DD would have loved working with him.
She has a great pitching coach but looking for something more structured that she can do on her own. Her coach gives her "homework" but would like structured workouts specific to pitching.

Aug 27, 2019
Lakewood CA.
My DD's teammate took in person lessons from her. My DD is not a pitcher but she followed her Instagram account to support her friend. The thing we noticed most was that she posts more selfies on her IG account than pitching stuff.. :ROFLMAO:

Mar 28, 2014
Last time I checked, Rick wasn't doing online analysis/lessons any longer. His plate was full. That was 3-4 months ago. I would be interested in finding out if that has changed.

Mar 20, 2015
We did a recent online lesson with RIck and he is very good. For a first time lesson with a new instructor the online lesson in some ways is better than an in person lesson. There isn't the urge to pick up a ball and start pitching so it is very focused on every detail of your DDs motion and then setting up a plan to improve.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rosie