One sport vs playing multiple sports?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 18, 2014
Georgia
I would think they would like her softball skills regardless if she played multi sports, however I don't think she would be half the athlete if she didn't play more than one sort growing up.

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
If I have heard correctly around here. The typical recruiting process begins with a video sent to a college coach. The potential recruit gets to edit everything down to a 5 minute or so cApsule of her awesomeness. Along with a brief bio and some personal and team stats and highlights. Under that sort of a snapshot the kids who are just below the studs are all going to look pretty much equal. Your dd needs to stand out. Maybe it's a 4.0+, maybe it's 3 varsity sports, maybe it's going on a mission do dig wells. It's got to be something. And just wearing neon green socks might not cut it in the video. Does it matter to the stud player? No because her ability makes her stand out. But something about most girls has to get the coaches attention. They see hundreds of video of good ball players. What is it about your dd that will make them notice her out of the crowd of potential candidates

Mar 18, 2014
Georgia
If I have heard correctly around here. The typical recruiting process begins with a video sent to a college coach. The potential recruit gets to edit everything down to a 5 minute or so cApsule of her awesomeness. Along with a brief bio and some personal and team stats and highlights. Under that sort of a snapshot the kids who are just below the studs are all going to look pretty much equal. Your dd needs to stand out. Maybe it's a 4.0+, maybe it's 3 varsity sports, maybe it's going on a mission do dig wells. It's got to be something. And just wearing neon green socks might not cut it in the video. Does it matter to the stud player? No because her ability makes her stand out. But something about most girls has to get the coaches attention. They see hundreds of video of good ball players. What is it about your dd that will make them notice her out of the crowd of potential candidates

I'm not sure what's typical in recruiting? I think 8th and 9th graders have no clue what they want to do for the next 40 years. I wouldn't let my kid verbal until she is at least in 10th grade and has the opportunity to see different schools from all sizes. We do not have a recruiting video. I think if you are a stand out on a well respected organization team that gets into the right showcases and play PGF nationals you will be given the opportunity to show coaches what you could bring to there team. I believe GRADES, ATTITUDE, and EFFORT are what sets girls apart if ability is close. Oh and I think going to prospect camps at the schools your interested in is a good idea. Send your emails and let them know your interested and give them your schedule of up coming tourneys. Sorry I got off topic. lol I think multi sports are good. :)

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kstitz44