old ASA Prism and new dual stamp

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 29, 2016
How can you tell the difference from the dugout between the single stamp prism and the dual stamp without asking the blue to check it? Is there any distinguishable differences in the look besides the stamps? I don't think there is a difference. How does everyone handle this? Just let it go even if it is the older single stamp and you are playing USSSA? Or ask the blue everytime they come up to bat with it? I wish more associations would check the bats before the tournament and put a sticker or something on it showing it has been checked. I know that won't happen because of the time it will take. But i know they do it at certain tournaments. Thanks

Feb 26, 2018
If I'm not mistaken, the only reason it became dual stamp is because USSSA adopted ASA/USA's standards which allowed the manufacturers to dual stamp them

Jun 6, 2018
Or make it a heck of a lot easier on everybody since USSSA has now accepted the ASA standards and say that the 2017-2019 bats are allowed in all sanctioned tournaments.

Outside of your catcher picking up the bat and walking it to the next hitter to give it to them and looking at the model number or stamps good luck distinguishing between the 2 from the dugout.

Feb 26, 2018
I'm waiting for that too. Since I know the standards are the same across the board, I wouldn't even bring it up. Unless the girl is straight mashing and you want to try and get that bat out of her hands haha

Jan 29, 2016
The may have adopted the standards but where do you see them allowing 2017-2019 bats? Does that include the blue ghost?
Yep. Then it opens it up to all sorts of bats. "you let them use the old prism why can't i use my blue ghost" Easy answer. There is not a stamp.

I haven't said anything and probably won't. I do not have any girls swinging the Prism so I haven't had a close up comparison to see if there is way to see the difference besides looking at model numbers and stamps.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
The may have adopted the standards but where do you see them allowing 2017-2019 bats? Does that include the blue ghost?

Any bat without the stamps is NOT legal. I have already spoken to USSSA, they have no plans to allow the
old Prism or Blue Ghost for now. And I don't see them having any rush to do so..they got zero money from those
two bats for their stamp and they can be stubborn :)

As for using it, Im not sure I would take the chance. The other team could very well know its not the right bat
if they have a catcher paying attention and call it out at the right time.

Last edited:

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
I wish more associations would check the bats before the tournament and put a sticker or something on it showing it has been checked.

You know what the funny part is when I saw this...we do play in sp usssa tourneys that compress test and sticker
every tourney. And we will still see ASA only bats with stickers on them. Come on umps...haha (they do the stickering
in our tourneys before the games.)

May 14, 2019
How can you tell the difference from the dugout between the single stamp prism and the dual stamp without asking the blue to check it? Is there any distinguishable differences in the look besides the stamps? I don't think there is a difference. How does everyone handle this? Just let it go even if it is the older single stamp and you are playing USSSA? Or ask the blue everytime they come up to bat with it? I wish more associations would check the bats before the tournament and put a sticker or something on it showing it has been checked. I know that won't happen because of the time it will take. But i know they do it at certain tournaments. Thanks
The biggest difference that I can see is the -10 is very noticeable on the 2020. Not as noticeable on the 2019. The D painted on towards the bottom of the barrel on the 2019 is solid gray. On the 2020 the D is not has black in the middle of the D. I know you would still have to pay close attention. But that’s what jumps out at me.

Jan 29, 2016
Well I called a team on it. This team tried to use one in February though so just figured it was the same bat. The sassy little 12 year old gladly showed me the proper stamp was on the bat. She tapped on that stamp with the biggest smile saying "Yep... the stamp is right here". I am pretty sure she is the one that got caught with the older one in February. I just said thank you and slumped back to my bucket. She hit a triple in the first inning this was her second at bat. She was on base in 4 pitches this at bat. LOL. Her last at bat we were going way out of the zone again and she couldn't help herself and hit a very low change up of the end of the bat to our second basemen.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06