Oklahoma City next week

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 18, 2011
Traveling over 10 hours to Ok City next week. DD (13) is playing in a USSSA tournament that coincides with the NCAA tournament. We're definitely going to attend the Thursday NCAA night session. DD-s first game isn't until Friday night. DD is so excited!! Who esle is going?? Any tips from those who have been there before?? Must sees or places to avoid??

Sep 18, 2011
Is it the Triple Crown? I may suprise my daughter and take her up to take in a few games.

No, DD is in a tournament called the Combat Classic with 19 other teams that we've never heard of. It will be fun to travel outside of our local area to play teams from Oklahoma, Arkansas, Kansas, and Texas. But I'm really hoping that they get to experience the college World Series as well. That's pretty much the Super Bowl of this sport and it will be a tremendous experience for the girls.

May 1, 2011
We'll be at the Triple Crown Tourney. Kids are missing the last day of school (seriously, why do they even have it) so we can get a jump start on everything. Arriving Thursday afternoon (7.5 hour drive - yuck). As a kid, I always wanted to go to Omaha for the Men's NCAA World Series. Never went. DD's are 9 and 7 and already making the trip. I'm jealous of my kids...BUT CRAZY EXCITED FOR THEM TOO. Anyone know how accessible players and ex-players are for autographs. We have a Black Helmet and a Silver Sharpie, and the girls want to fill it up!!!!

Josh

Sep 18, 2011
Triple Crown looks like a fun event and will probably have a lot of good teams. I have no idea how we ended up at the USSSA Combat Classic. DD's team hardly ever plays USSSA tournaments (mostly ASA and NAFA here). Great question about player accessibility. I was wondering the same thing myself.

Triple Crown looks like a fun event and will probably have a lot of good teams. I have no idea how we ended up at the USSSA Combat Classic. DD's team hardly ever plays USSSA tournaments (mostly ASA and NAFA here). Great question about player accessibility. I was wondering the same thing myself.

I'm not familiar with the Combat Classic, but it won't matter which tourney they are in - it will be fun. It's the experience of the WCWS. We're only about 3 hours away so it's an easy trip for us.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NightOwl