Ok,... Decision time... Which bat should I go with?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 29, 2012
BTW - where are you finding a CF5 for $179? Our catcher's dad is looking for a new one!

they did have them at closeoutbats for that price, but they are back up to $199 now. they have a cf4 insane for $170 but only in a 34".

Mar 29, 2012
yeah they also had the 2012 vendetta for $99 and a few weeks back had zephyr's for $60. I normally tak a look there everyday to see what vthey have on sale. It's where I got my DD's CF5.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
Kind of on subject...Does anyone have or know anyone that uses a Miken? I know slow pitch players swear by them and we used to have a rain that was awesome. You can find Miken Freak fast pitch bats for around $100 now, just wondering if it is worth it.

Oct 10, 2011
Kind of on subject...Does anyone have or know anyone that uses a Miken? I know slow pitch players swear by them and we used to have a rain that was awesome. You can find Miken Freak fast pitch bats for around $100 now, just wondering if it is worth it.
My Dd has a freak and cf5. She used the CF5 because even though they were both 33/23, the freak is really heavier. She wants to try the freak this fall and winter (she didn't want to sell it). When we tried to see which one hit farther, we couldn't see the difference even though the freak hadn't been broken in. She likes the look of the freak better for what it's worth.

Mar 29, 2012
We had a freak light that I bought to be DD's backup.

It had some real nice pop and is a stiff bat built like a tank.

I think her -11 CF5 has more pop, not by a whole lot though, that Freak is a nice bat. I just sold it not because it wasn't good, but because my daughter thought it was ugly and refused to use it. She wanted to use her synge as a backup instead because she liked the look better.

It did feel heavier than the listed weight, and I have heard Miken's in general are about 1/2 ounce or so heavier than listed.

Aug 24, 2012
I can get a new 2012 xeno -10 for $210 (includes shipping). I can also get a new 2012 cf5 -10 for $179 (includes shipping). Which bat would you go with?

Thanks for helping!

I think if your willing to spend that kind of money, you should probably buy an older bat.
What was the actual size you were looking for?
Maybe a CF3/Phenix or SCN1B

Oct 10, 2011
We had a freak light that I bought to be DD's backup.

It had some real nice pop and is a stiff bat built like a tank.

I think her -11 CF5 has more pop, not by a whole lot though, that Freak is a nice bat. I just sold it not because it wasn't good, but because my daughter thought it was ugly and refused to use it. She wanted to use her synge as a backup instead because she liked the look better.

It did feel heavier than the listed weight, and I have heard Miken's in general are about 1/2 ounce or so heavier than listed.

We had the freak light also and it definitely didn't have the pop of the CF5, but the -10 Freak seems to be a beast. Now that it is breaking in a bit, she has been knocking at least one over the fence with it every time we practice, which is more than with her CF5 of the same "marked" weight.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YOUNGG