Odd Softball Rules

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 23, 2010
VA, USA
I've also played with the no jeans rule. Great rule because who plays in jeans? I've seen girls at the batting cage in jeans--I can tell you right now that I immediately discredit them as players if they have on jeans. You just don't do jeans.

May 22, 2008
NW Pennsylvania
Lots of good rules there- My personal #1 rule is ...I have a wife & 2 daughters of my own & get all the female a "ATTITUDE" I need at home.....If you got attitude, leave it home or stay home with it.

Jan 15, 2009
Midwest
• Remember the 30 minute/24 hour rule.

Pardon my ignorance, but what is this rule?

More for parents and to remind players, that it is a good idea to wait to discuss the game at least 30 minutes after a game (particularly in a car ride home) and if anyone is upset wait 24 hours to discuss it with the coach away from game and practice.:D

Feb 9, 2009
I like that one!!! 30 min/24 hour....

I also have the "no walking on or off the field" rule...
My team, 10U, also has a little unwritten, unstated rule: When practicing on an open field, and a Baseball team shows up...and then they get real close to us because they think "girls can't hit us", we go straight to batting practice, and they aim for the boys....backs em off every time...
hehehehe

No sugary sweet after game snacks on a school night game. Girls need to go home and sleep...
Potty breaks are BEFORE the game, not during it...
Girls who argue on the field get to run a lap...holding hands. They LOVE this one...

Jan 15, 2009
Midwest
I like that one!!! 30 min/24 hour....

I also have the "no walking on or off the field" rule...
My team, 10U, also has a little unwritten, unstated rule: When practicing on an open field, and a Baseball team shows up...and then they get real close to us because they think "girls can't hit us", we go straight to batting practice, and they aim for the boys....backs em off every time...
hehehehe

No sugary sweet after game snacks on a school night game. Girls need to go home and sleep...
Potty breaks are BEFORE the game, not during it...
Girls who argue on the field get to run a lap...holding hands. They LOVE this one...

I keep forgetting to add the potty breaks before warm ups. . .I really like the arguing one:D

Feb 24, 2010
I do not allow them to use the S word - sorry.

As in "sorry I hit the ball hard at you and you now have a bruise", "I didn't mean to run you over in MY basepath - sorry" and my personal favorite "sorry I threw the ball too hard".

The last one DD always uses and I tell her "if they can't catch a ball that is thrown at them, two things will happen - either they will get better and catch it, or they will not and quit. Neither is your responsibility". I used to say that to my students when they didn't do well on the first exam, complaining that there should be a curve.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mkhill45