NorCal ASA playing levels

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 26, 2010
14C?

There are only a handful of C tournaments in NorCal. These are usually the organization rec sponsored tournaments for B ball that include a C division. Usually Pleasanton, Livermore, Los Gatos, San Ramon, and maybe one more. Beyond that, you're going to be stuck playing in 14B tournaments or USSSA.

You won't see a jump in skill. Infact, some of the B ball teams are quite good at those age levels, so you might even see a slight decline in ability going from 12B to 14C.

-W

Mar 14, 2011
Silicon Valley, CA
Thanks. I did look at the calendar and you are right there aren't many pure C tourneys. Our league is possibly in a situation where we couldn't make 2 real 14 teams, so a handful of girls that have been playing travel with us for years would have no team, unless a 12s team moved up and took them on. Probably won't happen but just brainstorming. Feel badly for those kids, they're good kids.

Jan 22, 2011
If you play 14u rec games against other leagues, those leagues might have a few extra 14u's looking to play summer ball in a similar situation, that you can form a team with.

Jul 26, 2010
Might be time to nudge a few of the better 14's on to quality A teams to make more room for the leagues B squad? Usually there are some good feeder opportunities there, and 14u is generally when the better kids should make the jump to A ball.

-W

Mar 23, 2010
Cafilornia
I'd think you'd do alright playing 14B, or jumping to A but sticking with a mostly U-trip schedule at first.

There were at least 3 teams I would consider development-friendly on hatebucket looking for players the other day, so if you have to find homes for your girls there may still be options.

Great that you're looking out for the kids, hope it all works out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gcsurfer