New to softball, Help Please! so glad I found this platform

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 30, 2024
My 11 yo daughter just started playing last spring, we didn't go all out with equipment, but she absolutely loved it and will continue to play. With gloves, theres so many options and information would love recommendations.. not sure position quite yet but she primarily plays outfield, very little 2b. Don't need very top of the line I'd say anything < $200. She's not that strong so something easy to squeeze / break in would be great. Very much appreciate any help in advance

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
For under $120 you can get a decent Mizuno glove. It’s what my dd used from 14 years old on. She played a lot of softball with that glove. We had it relaced once. She still uses her glove 12 years later playing slow pitch.

Jun 8, 2024
My 11 yo daughter just started playing last spring, we didn't go all out with equipment, but she absolutely loved it and will continue to play. With gloves, theres so many options and information would love recommendations.. not sure position quite yet but she primarily plays outfield, very little 2b. Don't need very top of the line I'd say anything < $200. She's not that strong so something easy to squeeze / break in would be great. Very much appreciate any help in advance
Mizuno gloves for Fastpitch softball will probably be the best bang for the buck, usually around $100-$120. Then you have to figure out the size. Infield for 12U and up may be recommended 12 inch gloves (bar web or webbed). Outfield, 12.5-13 inch may be best. I found a great deal on a Rawlings Liberty Advanced 12.5 for my daughter at $150, took the season to break in, but now is one of the softest. Her team and I throw hard to her and she doesn't feel stings. A lot of her teammates that play travel ball prefer Rawlings, some were using Mizuno as well.

Sep 19, 2018
If you want to go higher $$ Wilson a1000 or liberty advanced. My dd plays 1b once in a while, I got her the same mizuno1b mitt suggested above. At 11 her position is still very much open. I’d suggest between 12-12.5

Jun 8, 2024
Yeah I found a great deal on EBay, a new 12 inch Wilson A2000 for $170. Since my daughter is working on her pitching, she’ll use the 12.5 webbed for pitching and 1st base, then use the smaller one for infield 2nd, SS. She just has to break in her Wilson now. But they sell conditioners for that and YouTube has videos of how to properly break them in. Not recommended to put them in the ovens, lol.

Jul 30, 2024
Mizuno gloves for Fastpitch softball will probably be the best bang for the buck, usually around $100-$120. Then you have to figure out the size. Infield for 12U and up may be recommended 12 inch gloves (bar web or webbed). Outfield, 12.5-13 inch may be best. I found a great deal on a Rawlings Liberty Advanced 12.5 for my daughter at $150, took the season to break in, but now is one of the softest. Her team and I throw hard to her and she doesn't feel stings. A lot of her teammates that play travel ball prefer Rawlings, some were using Mizuno as well.
Awesome, thanks for your help. before posting this and just off my basic instincts I put a Mizuno MVP for $120 in my Amazon cart lol. I liked the idea of the notch in the hinge for easier squeezing. Maybe more gloves have that and Im just noob but seemed like good feature. Will be comparing few others

Jan 5, 2018
PNW
Just a suggestion mind you. Our DD at age 11-13 used a AllStar Vela three finger stall glove. It was a good glove. Easy to squeeze, great for smaller hands. also a Rawlings Liberty advanced have been reasonably priced as well.

Jul 30, 2024
If you want to go higher $$ Wilson a1000 or liberty advanced. My dd plays 1b once in a while, I got her the same mizuno1b mitt suggested above. At 11 her position is still very much open. I’d suggest between 12-12.5
Great, thanks for the help! am currently going back and forth comparing the a1000 with Mizuno MVP

Jul 30, 2024
Just a suggestion mind you. Our DD at age 11-13 used a AllStar Vela three finger stall glove. It was a good glove. Easy to squeeze, great for smaller hands. also a Rawlings Liberty advanced have been reasonably priced as well.
Great, thanks for your suggestion. This is very noob of me I know, but Im new and havent heard of 3 finger glove before, what are the benefits?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hcm1940