New member and dad of a dedicated 10u

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 22, 2024
Hi,

I'm a very proud father of a very dedicated 10u player who is going into her 3rd year of softball. She primarily pitches, but will play anywhere with a smile. She practices 5 to 7 times a week - asking me to catch for her, pitch to her, throw her pop flies etc.

Warning: proud dad bragging follows...
She's very into playing and her hard work has shown itself. She was recently asked to pitch in the next age bracket - The Majors. She pitched a complete 5 inning game for the win. During the game, she ended up striking out 9 batters half of which struck out looking. She struck out the side in the third inning, again with two backwards Ks. She tagged out two runners by covering home plate on past balls. And she almost threw a runner out at first on a comebacker to the mound (she threw to the base before the girl covering first turned around). All in all I was brimming over with pride.

Also, this year I volunteered to be an assistant coach and am learning alot about group dynamics and teaching kids softball. It's a blast. I keep telling the girls the "The number 1 rule in softball is to have fun." Number two is to keep your eye on the ball at all times. They're teaching me as much as I'm teaching them.

I look forward to learning from All of you.

Oh. And I see the acronym "DD" used alot. What does it stand for?

--Joe

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2011
Welcome to Discussfastpitch. “DD” is short for various references to our daughters such as “Dear Daughter” or “Darling Daughter”.

May 22, 2024
Ah! Thanks for clearing that up. I figured it was something daughter or daughter something. I was just lost on the other "D" - thinking it was probably a softball term. Dear and Darling is much more pleasant. My daughter's nickname is CC. So, she is now CC my DD.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tiffanym