New Louisville Slugger LXT

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 27, 2022
I just bought DD her 1st good softball bat, an LS LXT. We're in the Midwest & start tournaments in a couple of weeks. What temperature is it not OK to use the bat? We will have some morning games that could be in the 40-50s. Thanks!

Aug 21, 2020
I just bought DD her 1st good softball bat, an LS LXT. We're in the Midwest & start tournaments in a couple of weeks. What temperature is it not OK to use the bat? We will have some morning games that could be in the 40-50s. Thanks!

Technically the warranty warns of “Be aware that your bat is susceptible to damage in cold weather (under 60°F), which significantly increases ball hardness.”

So don’t leave the bats in the car where it can get cold over night; keep them with you in the hotel or house until you need to.

Since you have a few weeks - break in the bat to help reduce the risk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Honestly, manufacturers set that temp high...to try and get people to not use their bats...and in turn, guess what, cut down their possible
breaks and warranty claims. Its a win win for them. I dont use my bats per the manufacturer, its my bat. And I have a return if something
happens. Im not here to help them limit returns :)
I have never worried about 50s either.

Now when its low 40s to mid 40s...thats when I would be cautious.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntooutdoors