Need help on Rocketflex

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 29, 2013
Looking at the Anderson Rocketflex. I can't find a lot of reviews in it. It's not very popular in Minnesota so I haven't seen it used.

Jun 24, 2013
Search for Rocketflex on this board and you will see a lot of recent posts, seems like it is the "in" bat this year and everyone loves it.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
Due to a change in ownership c. 10/1/13, I understand that Anderson is now only making their all metals bats. So the Rocketflex supply is limited to what was produced during the 2013 model year run.

Dec 11, 2010
Oaktree, I live in a Rocketech heavy area and I have not witnessed any Rockertflex in action. I am dying to get my hands on a 31 to replace 11 year old DD's '05 RT. Pretty much have to do it since we play alot of USSSA. Director of Finance at my house opposes a capital outlay until after the end of this quarter, lol.

Mr. Anderson publicly described Rocketflex as the best bat he ever designed.

Pretty dang tall praise from the guy who designed the Rocketech. Has any other bat been around and in widespread use for a ten year period?

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2009
Looking at the Anderson Rocketflex. I can't find a lot of reviews in it. It's not very popular in Minnesota so I haven't seen it used.

We bought a new RF and tried it over a year ago. It didn't "wow" me or my daughter.
We have some pretty good bats in the arsenal, old hot bats, so perhaps nothing out there would get that "wow" reaction. We bought and tried the RF, but sold it just like we have done with numerous bats over the years.

Yes, it is very good, high end, and performs. In that price structure there are many very good, high end performing bats out there. I suggest you trial several and see what she likes, and if possibly any of them "wow" her and stand out from the rest. I would definitely include the Rocketflex, but don't just settle on it because it looks cool (it does look very cool) or because someone on the internet says it is the best for his kid. It may or may not be the best option for your kid, so there! Go and get to work. Show your wife this post if she starts complaining about the number of bats showing up via UPS, and tell her you'll sell some of them. (you might)

I will say that if the kid can swing a Rocketech competently, then I would not steer her to a Rocketflex...if that is any help.

Have fun and 'keep her swingin,'
VW

PS: Taking very good care of y0ur bats will help defray the costs over the years. By all means, buy and sell often ;)

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2011
38°41'44"N 121°9'47.5"W
I will say that if the kid can swing a Rocketech competently, then I would not steer her to a Rocketflex...if that is any help.

This is the same information I got from both Anderson and one of their main retailers. The Rocketflex was designed to compete in the highly popular -10 category. I was told that if your DD can swing a RockeTech, stick with it. As of now, DD is only looking at -9's and -8's because of her size, strength and bat speed.

Dec 11, 2010
Good info guys. I wish I could get one in dd's hands to try out.

I have heard they swing like the 04/05 RT's... Not so much? Also read where a player had one as a backup for SRV4B and I remember thinking that if the RF was as end loaded as they say that doesn't seem like very similar bats....

Oct 10, 2011
We bought a new RF and tried it over a year ago. It didn't "wow" me or my daughter.
We have some pretty good bats in the arsenal, old hot bats, so perhaps nothing out there would get that "wow" reaction. We bought and tried the RF, but sold it just like we have done with numerous bats over the years.

Yes, it is very good, high end, and performs. In that price structure there are many very good, high end performing bats out there. I suggest you trial several and see what she likes, and if possibly any of them "wow" her and stand out from the rest. I would definitely include the Rocketflex, but don't just settle on it because it looks cool (it does look very cool) or because someone on the internet says it is the best for his kid. It may or may not be the best option for your kid, so there! Go and get to work. Show your wife this post if she starts complaining about the number of bats showing up via UPS, and tell her you'll sell some of them. (you might)

Have fun and 'keep her swingin,'
VW

PS: Taking very good care of y0ur bats will help defray the costs over the years. By all means, buy and sell often ;)
What's your flavor of the week?

Jan 24, 2009
What's your flavor of the week?

Lol, for the 2012-2013 season, the '04 RT was her gamer, and she protected it by using a SCN2B for practice, cold weather, etc. When the season ended and a new one started this fall, she started using the 2B exclusively. Several bats that I consider 'great' in the rack and she chooses the SCN2B...go figure. With the numbers she is putting up as a first year 16u, she can use whatever she chooses!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nate321