need education on look back rule

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 13, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
Normally, I hate to play grammar police. This is kind of an inside joke that probably won't make any sense to most people reading it. But I'm sure that "Umpire" gets the reference.

Mar 2, 2013
Normally, I hate to play grammar police. This is kind of an inside joke that probably won't make any sense to most people reading it. But I'm sure that "Umpire" gets the reference.

Very Nice! I'll be the first to admit that I use plural forms when referring to singular people, unless I am writing something that will be published (outside of a forum). I do it because it simply reads better than he/she and people are comfortable reading it that way.

The English "police" go back and forth on this issue. "The person," "he/she," "they," "he" for one sentence then "she" for the next subject.

Very perceptive, I must say.

MTR

Jun 22, 2008
But that doesn't have anything to do with the look back rule, does it?

My point is that the look back rule is only an issue for 12U and below teams. It is a non-issue as the kids become more skilled.

Nope, no more that your plan.

I would agree it should be a non-issue, but it has reared its ugly head providing free outs to teams in situations completely unrelated to the game at hand at the NCAA and WCOS championship levels.

MTR

Jun 22, 2008
So, never in your life have you had an opinion one way on something, but through discussions with others knowledgable in the subject and further study changed your mind?

Whatcha gonna do? :)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntooutdoors