Need a little advice

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 3, 2009
Ok I admit this is not softball related but it is related (kind of) to some of the threads on social media. So my DD drops her phone off at a Fox Paw kiosk which is basically an outfit that will repair your phone. When she gets her phone back there is a "selfie" of a male worker from the place on her phone.

Me being me wants to call the business and basically ask a few questions. My wife who is admittedly more rational than me says I am overreacting. Thoughts?

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2012
Utah
Ok I admit this is not softball related but it is related (kind of) to some of the threads on social media. So my DD drops her phone off at a Fox Paw kiosk which is basically an outfit that will repair your phone. When she gets her phone back there is a "selfie" of a male worker from the place on her phone.

Me being me wants to call the business and basically ask a few questions. My wife who is the more rational who is admittedly more rational than me says I am overreacting. Thoughts?

Um.... You're not overreacting!

Feb 15, 2013
Delaware
But what if he was just trying to see if the camera was functional and forgot to delete the picture? <------ That's the answer some will give.

I would absolutely call the company and ask what their policy is on this issue. It may be the above answer or they may be outraged. I would also take the phone to a best buy and make sure there isn't anything else added to the phone.

Officials: Ex-Dover Mall kiosk owner financed ISIS plot

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Let me guess: She dropped her phone, broke the screen, and needed the screen replaced. If so, there was a chance that the camera lens or camera flash broke. The best way to check for that kind of damage is to take a picture.

Additionally: You didn't state the age of your DD. So, I'm assuming she is around 14YOA. I have three DDs. Sooner or later, girls start getting wanted and unwanted attention from boys and young men. Your wife has had much more experience dealing with boys and young men that you. She is the expert. You aren't. Trust your wife on this.

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2009
Thanks for all the replies on a decidedly non-softball related topic. :) The thing that I love about this forum is people give their honest opinion and I was really curious as to other thoughts.

Sluggers just by way of quick clarification she is 17 and had a battery that would not hold a charge. Apple is not making enough money apparently. And like many girls her age, she has developed, by necessity, the skills to deal with boys and all their remarkably sophisticated ways. :) And if Mr. Rico Selfie was around her age for me it would clearly be no biggy. But the dude looked like he was about 30. So I am going to clarify the testing practices of said kiosk. It will be therapy for me if nothing else.

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
A picture, this is about a picture? Was it an above the waist all clothes are on picture? Then yes you are over reacting.

Was it a below the waist or clothes missing picture? Then no you aren't.

I just saw your follow up with the ages. How did you find out about the picture? Did your dd point it out to you? Then good job on raising her you guys did OK. If not then you need to have a talk to her. Men are always going to be out there hitting on 17 year old girls. Sad but true, so your dd needs to have the necessary skills to ward them off.

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2009
A picture, this is about a picture? Was it an above the waist all clothes are on picture? Then yes you are over reacting.

Was it a below the waist or clothes missing picture? Then no you aren't.

I just saw your follow up with the ages. How did you find out about the picture? Did your dd point it out to you? Then good job on raising her you guys did OK. If not then you need to have a talk to her. Men are always going to be out there hitting on 17 year old girls. Sad but true, so your dd needs to have the necessary skills to ward them off.

Yep this whole thing is about a picture. :) Hey I at least implied upfront when it comes to my DDs I can be overprotective. And it was a picture of his goofy 30 something face nothing more. And yes my DD brought it to me laughing saying something like "Dad do you think this is a standard testing procedure or his lame and creepy attempt at flirting?"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carolinesmom