NCAA CWS illegal pitches

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

1fingeredknuckler

TOUCH EM ALL
May 27, 2010
WISCONSIN
How did the diamond get to the point that the pitching area was to low and had some effect on the illegal pitches and the ground crew had to come and fill it in to proper height? It seems some teams could have bee in position to protest if it really affected the outcome of a game, the grounds crew or NCAA seems would be liable for this, the photo they showed presented a distinct lower level which did pose a problem to drag the toe? A crappy diamond i could understand but in the NCAA CWS??????

May 7, 2008
Tucson
The dirt gets kicked out of that pitching lane at a pretty good rate. If a pitcher doesn't bring it to the umpire's attention, no one checks it.

I don't think that is what kept the toe from dragging, though. I pitch in all kinds of "crud" and as long as I can plant, there is no problem with my drag foot.

But, I have never been on the same skill level with these top athletes.

1fingeredknuckler

TOUCH EM ALL
May 27, 2010
WISCONSIN
My point only was, unless the video was distorted that it was really ev1dent that the lane was lower from the start of the rubber inches, "at the beginning of the game", not during., if you had seen them filling it it, maybe it would make more sense., M Smith made the point , that they need to drive forward not up ion the air, but in this case it would not have mattered.

Mar 13, 2010
How did the diamond get to the point that the pitching area was to low and had some effect on the illegal pitches and the ground crew had to come and fill it in to proper height? It seems some teams could have bee in position to protest if it really affected the outcome of a game, the grounds crew or NCAA seems would be liable for this, the photo they showed presented a distinct lower level which did pose a problem to drag the toe? A crappy diamond i could understand but in the NCAA CWS??????

Filed conditions ARE NOT something you can protest under NCAA rules.
NCAA 7.2 Protests
7.2.2 Protests will not be received or considered if they are based solely on a decision involving accuracy of judgement of an umpire. Examples of protests that will not be considered:
7.2.2.10 Whether the field was or was not fit to continue or resume play.

1fingeredknuckler

TOUCH EM ALL
May 27, 2010
WISCONSIN
Well it did not take them long to get it into "beginning of game "the right playing conditions", once it was brought to their attention, maybe next year that will be in the over sight committee
for proper playing conditions?
------------------------------------------------------

Filed conditions ARE NOT something you can protest under NCAA rules.
NCAA 7.2 Protests
7.2.2 Protests will not be received or considered if they are based solely on a decision involving accuracy of judgement of an umpire. Examples of protests that will not be considered:
7.2.2.10 Whether the field was or was not fit to continue or resume play.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06