DFP kept me sane today

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 26, 2015
We're in a rec league and play some other league's select teams to fill out our schedule for 2 games this season. DD went 0-2 and played decent defense (1 error) in a 14 - 0 slaughter from a neighboring league's select team. She was mad that she didn't get a hit and even more upset that we gave up so many runs as a team, but after the game she had a great attitude. When we loaded up the car, before I could even say anything she sighed and said "Look dad. We don't suck. They're just way better than us. Just wish I could've gotten my bat around quicker on the foul tip to wipe that smile off her (opposing pitcher's) face." Her whole attitude about the situation made me very proud to be her old man. She didn't like losing, but it didn't ruin her day. She wore a smile after about an hour of sheer retribution-desire-filled anger for losing. This was her first time facing a CU. She struggled with it. When she cooled off, I asked her how she felt she did on the CU pitches and she looked at me sternly and said..."We got waaaay more work to do this winter because that pitch is so nasty it should be illegal." I laughed. Didn't have the heart to tell her.....just wait til you face a curve or riseball. In other news, other parents were QUITE perturbed that we got spanked today and took that frustration out by yelling at their kids who were doing the best they could. We were just an inferior team. I was glad that the girls stayed in the fight even when it was ROUGH and I told them as much. It was a great learning experience for the whole team and showed us that just because we have 3 of the top 5 pitchers in our league, doesn't mean anything! Their #3 had a CU....not able to locate it everytime, but she had it. None of our pitchers have anything but a FB. Looking forward to Tuesday's game...hopefully everyone has had a sedative by then. This perspective would NOT have been possible had it not been for DFP.

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2013
My most frequent advice to posters on this forum is to take a chill pill. It also is the advice I give myself the most and it works every time!

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Swimming with the fish from a bigger pond can be an eye-opening and humbling experience. Sounds like your DD has a good head on her shoulders, and has found some additional motivation to reach a new level.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YOUNGG