Mound improvements between innings.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 9, 2019
D3 game over the weekend. Home team would come out at least every other inning, sweep and fill the turf at the rubber. This allowed?

Sep 9, 2019
Not a concern since turf but for my own knowledge, I thought there are rules against it in some sanctions as well as having non-playing team members on the field between innings.

Jun 22, 2008
NCAA has a 90 second time limit between innings. So, if the pitcher wants their warm up pitches they better get the circle prepped real quick.

6.7.1 For all games (media or non-media), teams are allowed a maximum of 90 seconds between half innings and at the start of the game for warmups. The time between half innings begins when the last defensive player crosses the foul line. (See Rule 2.34.)

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
NCAA has a 90 second time limit between innings. So, if the pitcher wants their warm up pitches they better get the circle prepped real quick.

6.7.1 For all games (media or non-media), teams are allowed a maximum of 90 seconds between half innings and at the start of the game for warmups. The time between half innings begins when the last defensive player crosses the foul line. (See Rule 2.34.)
Why aren't these rules more strictly enforced. Same with the 20 second rule between pitches.

Jun 22, 2008
Why aren't these rules more strictly enforced. Same with the 20 second rule between pitches.
I've been seeing actual pitch clocks at games and if the umpire isn't enforcing the 90 seconds between innings I guess the opposing coach needs to complain.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad