Most out of touch parent story

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 18, 2015
I know!!! I‘m kind of a big deal, maybe you’ve heard of me, lol

I also couldn’t shake the thought that if I got this kid hurt as she awkwardly ran to first and tried to beat the inevitable throw, she would miss a heck of an opportunity to play in college.

I absolutely could not live with myself if I did that. And keep in mind it was the summer of COVID, we really weren’t traveling far at all and we were not seeing the best competition like we should have been. I love to win but big picture the games we were playing were not the end of the journey.

This kid could be kind of difficult but I really liked her. If her dad wasn’t around, she was a player you would always want on your team.
Somethings wrong when a coaches priorities and a parents priorities are this far out of whack.

May 21, 2018
Also, why do I get the impression that you seeing me throw my hat last summer in Iowa was the highlight of your season? :LOL:
Well it was definitely the highlight of that tournament. :LOL:

But considering we missed out on gold bracket because of triple play, due to bad base running, to end a game in a tie, and, one of our best players blows out her knee on that same play (from which she still hasn't recovered), the bar was set pretty low.

Oct 4, 2018
I was a single digit golfer until my DD started playing softball. I am taking my golf game back now! I can't even break 90 anymore and more short game is pitiful. My back is always tight and I can't find the fairway like I used to. Just got me a Ping G400 Max instead of a softball bat.

I was a 2 in highschool. Grew up competing against Phil Mickelson. He was a member at the country club where i worked on the driving range in exchange for $2.35/hour and free golf after 3pm on weekdays (if the 1st tee was open).

Didn't get a single nibble for college (didn't really care) and haven't played in about 20 years. I'm looking forward to getting back to in in retirement.

Oct 4, 2018
Yeah this is why I could never coach since that would have probably been the first thing out of my mouth after "you have no idea what you are talking about..."

I was a bit too blunt as a coach. Some parents still don't like me.

But c'mon, your daughter can't (fill in the blank) worth a crap.

Jun 8, 2016
I was a bit too blunt as a coach. Some parents still don't like me.

But c'mon, your daughter can't (fill in the blank) worth a crap.
I would only do something like that to somebody who was full of himself/herself, not to somebody who was just clueless.

Dec 11, 2010
I've never heard this term before to describe a pitch. Could you explain, please?
I’m not sure where I stole that. It’s not a breaking pitch but it isn’t flat. More than just thrown on an angle it does move, it has spin but isn’t a sharp breaking pitch.

So... a vague description of a well thrown pitch that doesn’t have sharp break maybe?