MLB to stop using radar gun

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 25, 2019

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
Well, it is about time common sense prevailed. When my dd was 10 and throwing 68+, I saw first hand the flaw of those radar guns. Heck, they didn't even have her in the 60s.

Nov 29, 2009
C'mon... Everyone knows you need to go by the sound of the pop when the ball hits the catcher's mitt. Every parent knows the sound of the 60+ pop!!!

May 16, 2016
I lol at the "60+ Pop". If I catch it clean in the pocket, my catchers mitt is really LOUD. It's funny to see the entire training facility stop and turn to look when it "pops". Then, DD gets frustrated when she throws the heat, and doesn't get the "POP" sound cuz I caught it in the palm of glove.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Had a 1980 toyota corolla...
Police had me clocked at 105mph on an area of road NOT even a Porsche could have went that fast.

Judge laughed and dismissed the ticket.

Apr 16, 2013
I lol at the "60+ Pop". If I catch it clean in the pocket, my catchers mitt is really LOUD. It's funny to see the entire training facility stop and turn to look when it "pops". Then, DD gets frustrated when she throws the heat, and doesn't get the "POP" sound cuz I caught it in the palm of glove.
But that then directly correlates to the level of "OWWW" and hand shaking afterward. How loud was the "OWWW"? Oh, that's a 59mph "OWWW". "Oooof", just 56, keep putting in the work!

Aug 2, 2019
My daughter is newish to pitching and still throws with below average velocity. I focus on catching the ball to make it pop to help her confidence, because the stupid ball coach keeps reading 10-15 mph low and it hurts her feelings.

Jul 14, 2018

:ROFLMAO: I have a really loud glove too. DD's coach admonished her during a session a few weeks ago: "Don't slack off just because your dad is popping that glove on every pitch!"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBaller65