Missed Base Appeal Procedure

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 2, 2013
it is completely moronic not to allow a coach to make a dead ball appeal. ASA would prefer to throw that responsibility on a nine year old girl. Completely idiotic.

MTR

Jun 22, 2008
it is completely moronic not to allow a coach to make a dead ball appeal. ASA would prefer to throw that responsibility on a nine year old girl. Completely idiotic.

Yeah, let's keep them as stupid as possible. Wouldn't want them to learn the game. shirt, the coach can instruct them what to do, but we wouldn't want that, it might help improve their knowledge of the game.

Maybe we should have the coach be allowed to make a live ball appeal since the 9yo players cannot possibly understand that, either.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
Yeah, let's keep them as stupid as possible. Wouldn't want them to learn the game. shirt, the coach can instruct them what to do, but we wouldn't want that, it might help improve their knowledge of the game.

Maybe we should have the coach be allowed to make a live ball appeal since the 9yo players cannot possibly understand that, either.

Damn right MTR. My pet peeve is about those moronic coaches that have their catchers call pitches.

Sep 14, 2011
Glendale, AZ

Two thoughts:

1. ASA rules are not just written for nine year old girls. ASA has to write their rules for all age groups from 8 yrs old to Senior Softball players (and I'm not referring to seniors in HS!) The players on the field should be the ones dealing with what happens on the field. Personally, this is an ASA rule that I like.

2. What MTR and GreenMonsters said.....

Jan 24, 2011
Texas
The rule is that when a request for an appeal (live ball or dead ball) an umpire it must be made by an infielder.

Sorry FP, I got to this part in your response and apparently misunderstood how you were replying. My error.

And a lol to MTR's response.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntooutdoors