Mikan Rain Lite vs Easton Synge

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 21, 2010
The Synge has great pop right out of the wrapper. If it will have more pop with more use, this will be an awesome bat. DD had the Mendoza bat and it took a while to pop--over 400 kits. She likes the Synge alot and does very well with it at practice. It's 30/18.5.

Nov 8, 2010
12u DD has the Synge (32/20.5) and loves it. It's her first shot at an end loaded bat and she says that she can really feel the difference in getting the bat around. It has great pop without needing a ton of hits to break in. She's a driver and there hasn't been any complaint about sting.

Mar 23, 2010
Cafilornia
Most online retailers call it "slightly end-loaded", but no mention on Easton's site.
I actually checked the balance point, and IIRC it's within 1/2" of the end of the barrel.

May 26, 2010
Central NJ
Most online retailers call it "slightly end-loaded", but no mention on Easton's site.
I actually checked the balance point, and IIRC it's within 1/2" of the end of the barrel.

On my DD's Synge (32/20.5), the balance point is at the "S" in Synge. This is pretty much in the center of the bat.

Synge.jpg

Aug 10, 2010
My dd used the miken -12 halo and the combat fernandez -12 last year. She was 11 and they are 31" bats. It helped her to use the lite bat. I believe it was in her head, but it helped her confidence. Both bats have nice pop. But for distance she is moving up to a 31/21 balanced bat this year. Good line drives with the lite bats, for the long ball balanced. and when they get strong enough end loaded as long as it does not affect her mechanics/ timing. The deciding on bat game is frustrating. I have 2 dd's one is 12 now 5'3" 125 lbs the other going on 14 5'7" 145 lbs. To date we have Miken maniac 31/21, miken halo 31/19, lisa fernandez 31/19, demarini cf4 black 32/22, easton stealth 32/23, schutt trebon 32/23, worth toxic 32/22, easton cyclone 31/22, my 14 dd loves the demarini 32/22 and the 12 dd loved the miken halo, this year the 12 dd will use the miken maniac 31/21. Now I am in the market to buy a rocketech. When they like a bat they like a bat and that's that. I will start selling these bats when I am sure they do not look for it any longer. The schutt trebon, eston cyclone, and worth toxic are only used for bp since I and they feel they are not that good. Why use an expensive good bat for bp? They will take a few swings with the good bats during bp, but 90% of bp are on the bats we consider inferior. The bat game is a lil complicated but when they find one that is good, it makes all the diff. good luck

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Preschuck