Michigan's Sierra Romero

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 7, 2011
The look on Coach Hutch's face last night was priceless - what an end to a very exciting couple of games!!! She looked so genuinely, openly happy. I loved how she gave each of her girls a big hug. Very sad for ASU, though. I love seeing teams win, but I hate to see them lose.

I hope Romero feels better very soon!! She did such a great job when it was clear that she wasn't feeling well at all.

No doubt!

I haven't watched ALL the innings so far in all my way-too-many-bytes of saved games BUT right now the seventh inning of that last MI vs AZ St is the best inning of softball I have seen so far and I wonder if anything going forward is going to top that?

Haley Wagner I think has gone through the complete metamorphosis just within the regionals. Early games she showed a fair amount of self-doubt (I think – just like she did in the BIG10 tourney). BUT in that last game I think an asteroid hitting in center field was not going to get in the way of her determination. Amazing....

(I wish I would have had the final MN vs Auburn game - my friggin recording ran out in the 5th inning...)

Mar 26, 2013
What is different about White's approach? I heard Hutch has a short leash on players' performance. And if you don't perform, she may never put you out there again. I have no issue with that, but it sounds like you think she is easier on them?...or?
White has a history of getting pissed off and taking it out on his players. It almost cost him one of his best players last year as she was ready to quit midseason because of his behavior. I shouldn't have singled out Hawkins because the rest of the players in the huddle are obviously uncomfortable listening to him too, even when it's not directed at them.

I haven't seen or heard anything about Hutch making personal attacks on her players or them being scared of her. She is very direct about telling players what they need to do and when they're not meeting expectations without calling their ability into question.

Players get limited opportunities to show what they can do and they have to make the most of them. If they don't, their next opportunity is going to depend on how well the other player performs. The extreme example is Wally Pipp, the veteran that Lou Gehrig replaced to start his streak of 2,130 games.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dd2k13